University of Regina
Faculty/Department Student Affairs -Operations Unit SA - Parking & Transportation Employee Group CUPE 5791 Collective Agreement Consideration Open with preference given to CUPE 5791 members(NON-RESEARCH). CUPE 5791 Job Family Operational Services Category Staff Number of Vacancies 1 Position Summary
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, Parking Services Facilities, the incumbent will perform parking infrastructure maintenance, both reactive and preventative to provide a safe environment for students, staff, faculty, customers and visitors.
Maintenance tasks include:
- Maintain Parking Services equipment so that they are in proper and efficient working condition;
- Respond to various types of notifications regarding malfunctioning parking equipment to facilitate efficient parking operations. Types of notifications include two-way radio calls, phone calls, emails and in-person concerns;
- Provide immediate response to maintenance emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and escalate as necessary;
- Perform visual inspections of the surface parking areas, parkades and parking equipment to identify maintenance needs and concerns;
- Identify and notify appropriate staff, and when necessary cordon off areas to address safety concerns, repairs or maintenance, or for parking areas that are closed or restricted for non-safety reasons;
- Write a daily maintenance log report; as well as create and update work orders related to maintenance activities;
- Maintain and install both temporary and permanent parking signage, monitor signage for accuracy and condition, and report unauthorized and/or damaged or missing signage;
- Maintain an inventory of supplies used for maintenance operations. Update inventory logs;
- Provide assistance to technicians as needed for pay stations, meters and other parking equipment;
- Assist Parking Services Operations, Parking Services Compliance and Citations with event plan implementation and provide assistance for bus marshalling and other traffic related instances;
- Provide support to the Assistant Manager, Parking Services Facilities by providing input regarding the equipment renewal plan and budget reporting;
- Provide support to the Compliance and Citation Administration group in gathering information related to parking citations, and as needed, aid compliance staff with vehicle immobilization;
- Provide support to the Parking Services Operations group regarding vehicle parking area/parkade counts, reserved parking spaces/parking areas, and pay station/parking equipment payment collections;
- Provide support, as needed, to the Student Affairs Operations Facilities group. This may include residence move-in, furniture moving and other physical tasks;
- Perform other duties, as required.
- Successful completion of Grade 12;
- 2-3 years of experience in equipment maintenance;
- 2-3 years of experience in parkade maintenance;
- Ability and skill to use both power operated equipment and specialized equipment;
- Knowledge of materials and cleaning supplies and procedures used in performing duties;
- Possession of a valid Saskatchewan driver’s license;
- Knowledge of WHMIS;
- Ability to understand and comply with University health and safety requirements, Saskatchewan Occupational Health and Safety Regulations, and all safe work procedures and practices applicable to the position;
- Ability to safely use safety equipment, machine guards, safety devices. All personal protective equipment must be used appropriately;
- Ability to identify and report unsafe acts, workplace hazards, and incidents that result (or could result) in injury, illness, or environmental damage;
- Ability to work with and encourage others to work and act safely;
- Vehicle traffic training. Either previous training or Campus Security traffic training. Strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with staff, the general public, external consultants, contractors, and vendors;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to organize multiple tasks, while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail, and meet deadlines;
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
Work involves varied and diverse working conditions, such as exposure to extreme temperatures and environmental conditions.
Moderate to high level of physical activity is required to handle, lift, and operate a variety of equipment.
Incumbent may be required to use scaffolding to carry out surface cleaning and maintain/repair signage.
Pay Grade CUPE Phase 2 Salary Range $36,674.56 - $44,025.28 Annually Status Permanent Work Hours
8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Incumbent will be required to work non-standard hours of work, including evenings, weekends, and holidays. Shift work and variable hours are required.
Duration (if Term/Temporary) Full-Time/Part-Time Full Time Preference Posting Indigenous People, Visible Minority, Person with a Disability, Woman Target Posting Not Targeted
Job Open Date 03/29/2021
Job Close Date 04/05/2021
Open Until Filled No
Special Application Instructions
The University of Regina is committed to an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the community that we serve. The University welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including individuals within the University’s employment equity categories of women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code.
Competition Number 20210070A/S
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Administrative Assistant - ADM018724 Employment Type: SGEU Term 9 months or more Location(s): SK-Rgna-Regina Ministry: 033 Public Service Commission Salary Range: $21.885 - $27.426 Hourly Grade: [...]
Duties include: this is an outdoor job and you will be working in all weather types standing, lifting and moving plants and soils required forklift training recommended but not mandatory assisting [...]
Administrative Assistant - ADM018724 Employment Type: SGEU Term 9 months or more Location(s): SK-Rgna-Regina Ministry: 033 Public Service Commission Salary Range: $21.885 - $27.426 Hourly [...]
As a growing and dynamic firm, we are interested in hearing from qualified legal assistant applicants for our Regina office, which prides itself in having a friendly and co-operative working environme [...]