Intercity Packers Ltd
Intercity Packers is the largest meat/seafood distribution company in Western Canada and part of Gordon Food Service (GFS) Canada group of companies, who has been recognized by Forbes magazine to be among Canada’s Best Employers in 2021. As our innovative business continues to rapidly grow, we are seeking a full time Meat Cutter/Butcher who is interested in partaking in a long term intensive training program to hone and master their cutting skills at our Richmond location. Reporting to the Portion Supervisor, the Meat Cutter/Butcher is responsible for developing their cutting skills to cut, trim, prepare, and identify different cuts of meat. If you are a self-driven, flexible, and ready to embark on a meat cutting journey,
we would love to hear from you!
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Cut, trim, debone various cuts of meat including beef, pork, lamb and chicken
- Prepare specialized cuts of meat as per customers’ requests
- Safely operate meat machinery including the slicer and power grinder
- Clean equipment and work areas to maintain health and sanitation standards
- Store, weigh, or wrap meat products in refrigeration or freezers
- Sharpen and adjust knives as needed
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in meat cutting or in related meat department
- Ability to identify meat cuts is an asset
- Ability to stand and perform physical demanding, repetitive tasks for extended period of time
- Available to work morning shifts Monday to Friday – 8 hours a day with occasional overtime
At Intercity Packers Meat & Seafood, we believe in good food and good people. Over the past 5 decades, we have cultivated a rich history of bringing customers high quality, innovative and carefully sourced meat and seafood products along with the best customer service. Our unwavering mission to provide customers the best is reflected in our motto, “Yes, we do!" As part of GFS Canada group of companies, Intercity Packers offers an excellent remuneration package, which includes Competitive Salary, Comprehensive Medical Insurance, Attractive Retirement Plan and Great Career Opportunities throughout North America.
To apply, please visit our career site https://careers-intercitypackers.icims.com/ or directly email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further review.
- This position has been posted internally and externally*
- Intercity Packers is an equal opportunity employer*
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Numéro de la demande d’emploi : 113621 Fonction administrative : Factrices et facteurs ruraux et suburbains Ville principale : New Richmond Province : Québec Type d’emploi : Sur appel [...]
Connect with us LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter Thinking about a change? We recognize that the construction industry is changing at a rapid pace and we continually strive to be at the forefro [...]
Administrative Assistant I Job requisition number 036006 Job location Richmond Full-time / part-time Full-time Posting period From 04/13/2021 to 04/23/2021 Overview Do you enjoy providin [...]
Posting Id 685 Department Corporate and Financial Services Division Office of the Clerk Section Legislative Services Job Grade SEA35 Grade 05 Rate of Pay $67,376.00 - $79,250.00 Annual [...]