SAIT is a global leader in applied education and an institution that empowers employees to make a difference in the lives of our students.
Building on more than a century of history, we are looking for innovative employees wanting to create a future with us. As part of our team, you are encouraged to be bold and inventive, bringing new ideas to the table. Change excites you.
Along with competitive benefits, gourmet on-campus restaurants run by our culinary program and an unparalleled view of downtown Calgary, SAIT offers the chance to do work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers. We develop leaders in the classroom and our workspaces,
encouraging lifelong learning for both students and employees.
Your future starts now … at SAIT.
SAIT’s International Centre is hiring an International Centre Administrative Specialist. Studying abroad is an incredible — and sometimes daunting — experience. If you have a passion for guiding students to new opportunities, and have experience supporting and mentoring international students, we want to meet you. Don’t miss out, apply today!
Reporting to the Manager, International Centre Business Operations, the incumbent is primarily responsible for assisting and supporting the International Centre (IC) team drive, and bring focus to, operational excellence, ensuring the IC’s (and by extension SAIT’s) systems, processes and functions are on par or exceed SAIT’s competitors.
The IC Administrative Specialist is responsible for a range of administrative tasks, such as (but not limited to) greeting (face-to-face and virtually) international learners and visitors to the Centre, managing IC email inboxes (including Fresh Desk) and triaging where appropriate, administering student insurance processes and payments. Other duties include managing enrolment letter requests, managing and processing requisitions and agent commission payment, pulling information/data related to international students to support student recruitment and student success activities, and other IC expenses and coordinate room bookings and catering for visiting delegations. The incumbent also provides general office support with various clerical activities and related tasks, including external partnership assistance-related tasks.
The incumbent is expected to have excellent organizational skills, outstanding verbal and written abilities and exceptional interpersonal skills and cross-cultural awareness. This position requires the ability to function in a team environment while having a high degree of self-direction.
Reception and General Office Admin Duties:
- First point of contact in the IC – front desk. Ensure that all students, visitors and staff feel welcome and heard upon arrival in the Centre. Refer to appropriate campus supports when necessary.
- Sustain a professional and organized reception area for students, guests and staff. Ensure that information racks are complete and that the front area and boardroom are tidy.
- Respond to enquiries from current and potential learners in person, by email or phone and triage responsibility to the appropriate International staff when required.
- Book appointments for learners with the appropriate staff.
- Ensure promotional materials are stocked and available for potential learner meetings.
- Prepare meeting agendas for IC team meetings. Provide meeting minutes with action items in a timely manner.
- Liaise Academic SAIT departments on behalf of the student when required.
- Respond in a timely and engaging manner to questions about status inquiries and next steps.
- Provide administrative support for events and projects.
- Maintain and tidy the back-storage room(s) – restock office and kitchen supplies.
- Coordinate onboarding for new employees - order keys, set up computer accounts.
- Coordinate Student Assistant onboarding and training.
- Order office supplies.
- Maintain Volunteer database and contact learners for advisors as required.
- Maintain the printers, ensuring that they are loaded with paper and in good working order daily.
- Receive and manage incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries.
- Manage and process international student enrolment letter requests.
External Partner Assistance:
- Compile and prioritize transcripts and share them with the International Document Assessment team as required.
- Gather and maintain up to date student records and provide a list of eligible commissions.
- Compile up-to-date information/data to update the Agent webpage as required.
- Put together and ship welcome packages for new agents.
- Liaise with Admissions and International Document Assessment as required.
- Gather and maintain up-to-date information/data regarding seat availability to collaborate with Agents as required.
- Coordinate and assist with delegation visits.
- Conduct environmental scans of Canadian PSIs and other relevant organizations
- Track agent student applications in Maximizer to ensure high conversion rates Update maximizer when information regarding agented students is received.
- Provide support with training of new pathway partners and email/mail materials or notifications to them on an ongoing basi.,
- Coordinate the logistics with presentations at pathway partner schools.
Enrollment Management Support:
- With direction from the Manager, Business Operations develop and deploy surveys to ascertain inbound and current student location, intent to study etc.
- Pull data from tableau and/or Argos regarding seat availability in order for recruiters to promote programs.
- Support recruiters by following up with leads from recruitment trips.
- Organize and schedule prospective student appointments for recruiters when in the country.
- Schedule prospective student appointments for the Agent Relations Coordinator when recruiters are not available.
- Coordinate the logistics of Virtual online recruitment fairs as required.
- Provide support with info sessions and Open House as required. Monitor academic calendar.
- Provide support in the preparation of the Annual Strategic Recruitment plan.
- Provide marketing with information to update the website and social media with recruitment activities.
- Communicate with pathway partner school representatives, and respond to their inquiries about SAIT and our application process.
- Collect and validate deferral request.
Expense, Travel and Transaction Administration:
- Manage the agent commission framework and process agent commissions within a standardized deadline.
- Process FOIP forms into Banner.
- Manage and reconcile IC invoices and expenses, including yearly memberships etc. and travel-related expenses; as well as maintaining payments to date list for IC for budget requirements.
- Ensure all international students are enrolled in study insured coverage.
- Administer payment plans and study insured payment.
- Prepare marketing shipments for recruiters before recruitment trips.
- P-card reconciliation for the Manager, Business Operations and Directors.
- Provide support with shipments.
- Enter requisitions to receive a purchase order.
- Complete a monthly inventory of supplies and order as required.
- Receive and manage incoming water deliveries; contact supplier if their issues with delivery or if maintenance is required.
- Order catering for all events hosted by the International Centre.
- Coordinating refunds with the Office of the Registrar and Finance dept.
- Leadership may assign duties, responsibilities and projects as required.
- In addition to the regular duties and responsibilities, this role is also required to assist with International Centre events and activities that enhance the international student experience.
- Minimum 2 year diploma in Business Administration, Marketing, International Relations or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ of experience in post-secondary or business environment, preferably engaging with international learners/clientele.
- Minimum 2 years’ of experience working in an administrative role preferably in a post-secondary environment.
- Minimum 2 years’ working in a cross-cultural environment. Preference given to those having worked with international students.
- Intermediate skills in MS Office Suite and internet are required for this position.
- Intercultural training or certification would be an asset.
- RISIA certification will be an asset.
- Experience working with CRM platforms such as Freshdesk.
- Second language considered an asset.
- Provide services through a lens of diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to establish priorities, adjust as required and still achieve objectives.
- Patience and the ability to remain calm and manage frustrated emotions of prospective learners.
- Ability to work well in and contribute to a team environment - Team player
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative
- Exhibit professionalism, sound judgment, personal integrity and discretion.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multicultural, environment with significant interruptions.
- Ability to build rapport and relationships with international clientele.
Why Work at SAIT
Enjoy a stimulating work environment, a beautiful campus overlooking downtown Calgary and a great benefits package including: comprehensive health and dental coverage, a defined benefit pension plan, professional development programs, generous paid time off, free access to our Wellness Centre, transit subsidies and more.
Why Work at SAIT
Please continue with the online application process by clicking the button
All applications should be made through our online system.
SAIT is committed to equity and diversity within its community and invites applications from all qualified applicants.
AUPE: This position is part of the AUPE bargaining unit.
Conditions of Employment
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, all applicants to the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology must complete and pass a police security clearance before employment is confirmed. Employment is conditional until a satisfactory police security clearance is obtained and confirmed. Employment with SAIT will not commence until the results have been provided and confirmed.
SAIT’s vision is to be a global leader in applied education
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Help us boldly shape retail in Canada At Sport Chek, we believe that sport is whatever moves you - and this mindset begins with our employees. As Canada’s destination for footwear, apparel and s [...]
Our midstream Calgary client is looking for a Sr. IT Project Manager/Business Analyst for a fleet management software implementation (Geotab Drive). Must-Have: - 8+years combined experience as a [...]
Our client is looking for a Senior Agile Coach to lead and implement Agile best practices for custom software development projects. Must Haves: - 8+ years' experience working on or delivering [...]
Clinic Support Specialist- Competition #2021-221 About Us The partnership of EFW Radiology owns and operates fourteen community-based clinics providing Diagnostic Imaging, Maternal Fetal Medic [...]