United Restaurant Supplies.
Job Title: Special Order Product Specialist
Division: United Restaurant Supplies, Brampton, Ontario
Job Type: Part-time
As the Gordon Food Service supplier of smallwares, United is innovating in this space and looking for a driven, entrepreneurial and analytical Product Specialist. Reporting to the Director of Category, the Special Order Product Specialist will be responsible for ensuring United Restaurant Supplies/GFS customers receive excellent service in sourcing and set-up of non-stocked Special Order (SO) products. We are looking for a creative individual who strives in a collaborative environment but is also comfortable working with a degree of autonomy where/when required.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Confirm sales that requested product has been identified correctly for item set-up and inform sales when ready to be ordered.
- Establish and build good working relationships with vendors and brokers to source Special Order products.
- Completes the setup of the item and vendor in the necessary systems and determines cost to load .
- Collaborates with cost analysts to resolve SO vendor invoice and purchase order discrepancies.
- Collaborates with Supply Chain Analyst and vendors to expedite customer rush orders.
- Collaborates with the GFS Category Management Team to determine potential items to stock.
- Adheres to the mission and cornerstone values and applicable practices of the organization.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by reading appropriate books, journals and other literature and attending related conferences, seminars, etc. Maintains peer relationships in the field to share issues and ideas.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The successful candidate should demonstrate:
- Proficient communication skills - both written and verbal - to communicate effectively with a broad-based team including diverse internal stakeholders
- Excellent internal customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to develop, refine, communicate, and implement plans.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data in order to set goals
- Industry, and segment knowledge
- Excellent time management, administration, and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to build relationships, network, influence and link resources to plan and execute business practices.
- The ability to multi-task and take on new responsibilities with a strong desire to succeed.
- Must have the ability to use technology, written resources and vendor contacts to find product details, and calculate costing on requested products
- Ability to inject creativity, fresh thinking, and new perspectives into business approaches.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Two years previous food service industry customer service experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience in Business, Logistics or related field or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of foodservice equipment and supplies costs and pricing will definitely be an asset.
- Experienced and competency using spreadsheets. Experience on Google apps will be an asset.
- French language will definitely be an asset.
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, continuous training, and opportunities for growth and career advancement.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
United Restaurant Supplies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome diversity in the workplace. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Aboriginal People, and persons with disabilities. To request any accommodations you may require to participate in the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms) contact [email protected] or 1-(phone hidden) to discuss your needs.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
The production support worker must be willing to be trained and must adhere to company's standards. The position requires a person capable of working in a fast paced, high demand environment, with dea [...]
Super T LLC is looking for motivated individuals to work as blender operators in Brampton, ON. This is a 1st shift position from 7am to 3:30pm Monday-Friday. Our Brampton, Ontario location is part o [...]
Busy Chiropractic office serving many patients with expert healthcare with a natural approach. We are looking for a mature, high energy person who can handle a fast-paced environment. Candidate must [...]
Candidate will have to: Lead the sales department, Lead the sales team, Perform training to the existing sales & estimator staff, Identify prospective clients, develop clients relationships, maintain [...]