Region of Waterloo.
Supervises tenant and community relations, tenant management, and tenant placement for housing programs, ensuring clients are well supported in obtaining and maintaining tenancy in Waterloo Region Housing owned units, co-ops, non-profits, or with private landlords. Acts as a liaison with community partners and agencies to support tenants and their tenancy. Supervises rent assistance programs for clients and landlords, including establishing and maintaining rental agreements with landlords, and financial/accounting processes. Collaborates with Facilities regarding property management/operational maintenance and capital asset management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of strategic tenant management supports,
services, community engagement strategies, and community relationships; program and contract administration; and financial management procedures, normally acquired through a related degree (e.g., human services), plus progressively responsible related experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of client-centred and client-driven approaches to human services.
- Understanding of the diverse needs and requirements of communities and individuals living in Waterloo Region to support healthy, vibrant communities. Understanding of housing as a social determinant of health.
- Knowledge of Housing First, coordinated access, and acuity needs based principles, practices, and legislative requirements. Knowledge of community agencies and supports.
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with policies, procedures, provincial and federal legislation (e.g., housing services, residential tenancies, privacy), and collective agreements.
- Analytical, problem solving, organizational, and continuous improvement skills to plan and develop objectives; organize and coordinate the work of supervised staff; develop staff work plans; resolve complex tenant/landlord issues; review applicant eligibility issues; and work under tight timelines.
- Leadership, human relations, and communication skills to supervise, train, develop, motivate, and support staff; resolve tenant issues; maintain positive relationships with landlords and community agencies; resolve conflicts with landlords; respond to questions and communicate complex, politically sensitive policies, programs, and initiatives to management, staff, community agencies, the public, clients, landlords, applicants, elected officials, other housing providers; and participate as an effective team member.
- Ability to read and understand correspondence, reports, policies, studies, proposals, legislation, by-laws, agreements, and related materials. Ability to write reports, correspondence, project management schedules, scopes of work, procedures. Ability to maintain financial and legal records/contracts.
Computer skills with ability to use software such as Microsoft Office, housing waiting lists, and financial/property management software.
- Ability to participate in an official standby/on-call rotation to respond to legislated or time sensitive demands beyond regularly scheduled work hours.
- Must provide an acceptable Police Information Check (Level 2) for bondability.
- Ability to travel within (and occasionally outside) Waterloo Region.
- Ability to implement and monitor compliance with the Departmental vision and philosophy for integrated customer service delivery within the division, across divisions, across departments, and within the broader community.
- Ability to support and demonstrate the Region’s values.
Please apply online, by the closing date Apr 12, 2021 quoting competition number 2021-1358.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
EDUCATOR-CHILD CARE FULL TIME CONTRACT (8 Months) START DATE: Immediate Location(s): Erin, ON Are you a passionate professional who has experience working with children? Are you driven to cultivat [...]
The City of Guelph is a vibrant and diverse community with a unique sense of place located in southern Ontario along the Innovation Corridor that runs between Toronto and Kitchener-Waterloo. We are al [...]
Erie Meats is looking for General Labourers to join their team in Listowel! We are currently hiring FULL TIME Food Production Workers. We have both day and afternoon shift positions, and they are avai [...]
Help us serve our communities! We are continuing to offer mobile ordering, drive-thru, delivery and limited dine in and takeout hours so that families at home and essential workers can get the food th [...]