Operator - BP Extraction
As a Bitumen Production (BP) Extraction Operator, you will operate the plant to meet planned production, quality and environmental targets. You will be expected to respond to emergency and non-emergency situations by providing appropriate field support and communicating with a team of Field Operators and the Panel Operator on a regular basis. In this role, you develop a clear understanding of plant process and controls. While demonstrating a strong understanding of equipment, you will operate all equipment using the most current Standard Operating Procedures. You will ensure housekeeping in your area is kept to a high standard.
- Foster a team work environment by assisting in all areas as required
- Make decisions regarding the best use of resources to meet targets as per operational plan
- Shut down and provide a safe isolation of all process equipment for maintenance activities as required
- Complete shift log entries, monitor operations and submit maintenance requests
- Work with engineering and process personnel to optimize safety, production, recoveries and environmental targets
- Job location: Horizon Oil Sands, Fort McMurray, Alberta
- Eligible for relocation pursuant to Canadian Natural’s Relocation Regular Policy
- Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out and Accommodations Program from Calgary and Edmonton
- This is a safety sensitive position
- Shift schedule: 7 days on/off, 7 nights on/off - Wednesday start, 12 hour shifts
- Competitive salary, stock options, stock savings plan and benefits
Skills & Qualifications:
- Grade 12 or GED and a valid Class 5 Driver’s license is required
- Consistently takes a common sense approach when analyzing problems
- Self-managed and “thinks outside the box” for continuous plant and process improvements
- Upbeat with a positive attitude having a willingness to learn and seek opportunities to grow
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited – “Canadian Natural” - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
The application deadline is April 8, 2021. Apply now!
Primary Location Fort McMurray
Job Mining & Oil Sands Operations
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
JOB DESCRIPTION Join our dynamic team as a Style Specialist! As a LE CHÂTEAU Style Specialist you play a valuable and exciting role in our fast-paced store. LE CHÂTEAU is dedicated to providing y [...]
E Construction, a division of NPA Ltd. is looking for a professional, enthusiastic, seasonal Shop Administrator to join us at our Fort McMurray location! Summary Reporting to the Divisional Accounta [...]
Location: 112 Riverstone Ridge, Unit 103, Fort Mcmurray, Alberta, T9K 1S6 Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, and kee [...]
Posting Template Position Title Database Analyst Required Qualifications - Degree/Diploma in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field - 3+ years of ex [...]