AMSSA (Affiliation of Multicultural Society and Service Agencies of BC).
Position title: Language Program Coordinator
Purpose: Provides supports to service providers that are funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to offer the Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC) program in BC. Through consultation with the Language Program Manager and AMSSA’s Settlement Language Working Group (SLWG), the Language Program Coordinator develops and supports meetings and events, produces resources for and maintains connections with the BC Settlement Language Training sector.
Reports to: Language Program Manager
Hours & location: A 35-hour / week combination of remote work and work from AMSSA’s office located at 4445 Norfolk Street, Burnaby BC.
$29.00/hour with benefits
Classification: Contract April 1, 2021 – March 31, 2022 with possibility of extension
How to apply: Please send cover letter and resume/CV together in one document outlining relevant experience and qualifications to .
- Include position title in email subject line.
- Include your full name (first and last) and job title in the title of your Cover letter/resume attachment.
Applications will be reviewed on ongoing basis until Sunday April 11, 2021, 11:59 PM PDT. Only shortlisted applications will be contacted.
AMSSA OVERVIEW AND VALUES
AMSSA is a unique province-wide association that strengthens 81 member agencies as well as hundreds of community stakeholder agencies that serve immigrants and newcomers, and build culturally inclusive communities.
- We value EQUITYand strive to be the catalyst for change which disrupts systems promoting racial and social injustice.
- We value INCLUSIVENESSand work with our members and stakeholders to place voices that have been marginalized in positions of influence, creating space for all perspectives.
- We value INTEGRITY, striving to always work to the highest standards, encouraging innovation, risk taking and leadership; we are always open to new thoughts and maintain accountability in our work.
- We value DIVERSITY, recognizing our own individual biases and engaging members and stakeholders in meaningful ways that promotes inclusion of all voices and perspectives.
- We value MUTUAL RESPECTby respecting what everyone has to offer within their own context of life experiences, opening our hearts and minds to always listening and learning.
- We value COLLABORATION, engaging in equitable partnerships, mindfully exploring old and new ideas to advance the work of AMSSA and our members.
- We value SUSTAINABLE TRANSFORMATION, engaging in continuous individual and organizational reflection and collaboration to build capacity and integrate what we learn into our culture and infrastructure.
- Consult with the Language Program Manager, SLWG and LINC training providers in BC to develop and support meetings, workshops, events, and to produce resources that support the language sector and its related services such as child care/childminding.
- Maintain relationships with BC language training service provider organizations (SPOs) individually and through networks such as the South Fraser Language Network, LINC Lounges (BC TEAL) and through other network events and literacy groups.
- Liaise with BC TEAL and other language training stakeholders to understand the needs and evolving realities of LINC teams.
- Curate and organize weekly language-related Settlement Net content and keep
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Union/Affiliation: Administrative and Professional Staff (APSA) Pay range: $65,871 To $78,658 Annually SFU Department Descr: Continuing Studies - Career & Professional Programs Position Grade: 9 [...]
Employment Opportunity – Part-Time (25 Hours per-week) Title: Municipal Administrator The Position Under the general direction of the IGS Manager, the Municipal (SIGD) Administrator will be res [...]
As our Customer Experience Coordinator you will be playing a vital role in supporting the first line communications with our Friends and educating our #KickSugar community, achieving our exponential g [...]
Union/Affiliation: Administrative and Professional Staff (APSA) Pay range: $65,871 To $78,658 Annually SFU Department Descr: Continuing Studies - Career & Professional Programs Position Grade: [...]