RELIEF PART TIME (0.78 FTE)
SVN MH AS LTC
$25.40 - $27.53
APRIL 06, 2021
Reporting to the Team Leader, under the direction of the nursing staff and working as a member of the interdisciplinary team, the Lifeskills Worker assists residents with mental, developmental, and/or physical disabilities to live successfully in the community; works with the Mental Health team to implement appropriate psychosocial rehabilitation (PSR)
and recovery plans to meet the resident’s needs; provides daily physical, emotional, social support/advocacy, personal life skills assistance, teaching and coaching; supports resident participation in daily living activities such as light housekeeping, personal laundry and side-by-side food preparation; provides transportation services to and from events, outings, appointments and programs. The Lifeskills Worker is expected to engage the resident and their support systems as people with full competence as full collaborators in service planning and evaluation.
- Diploma from a recognized Social Services Support Worker educational program, two (2) years’ recent, related experience working with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current CPR Level C and Food Safe certificates.
- Valid Class V BC Driver’s License.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
- Ability to instruct.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Home management skills.
- Conflict resolution and crisis intervention skills.
- Advocacy skills.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- All postings with a closing date specified close at 11:59 pm PT
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Who we are? WeighPack Systems Inc has become a leader in developing and manufacturing Packaging Machinery solutions worldwide alongside our partner companies in the US, Italy, and China. Our diverse [...]
Are you looking for a different experience as a Universal Care Provider (UPC)? This may be your opportunity to work in a residential setting. Your role will build off leading edge models of care with [...]
Company Description With Horizon North’s strong arm in western Canada and Dexterra’s trusted presence in some of the most critical and complex environments in the country, we offer world-class c [...]
Company Description With Horizon North’s strong arm in western Canada and Dexterra’s trusted presence in some of the most critical and complex environments in the country, we offer world-class [...]