Amazon Logistics’ (AMZL) is hiring Full-Time Sortation Associates in South Surrey who can thrive in a fast-paced warehouse environment that involves working with and around moving machinery and vehicles. Our AMZL Sortation Associates are the final step in ensuring that each and every package gets delivered to our customers on time.
Location: 18880 30 Avenue, Surrey BC V3S 9V5
Base Pay: $15.75-$16.25/hr
Earn up to $16.75/hr for select night shifts!
DVC6 is launching with a temporary free shuttle with service between King George Station, KPU, and the DVC6 (Amazon Logistics) for night shifts. The shuttle service is a trial program and Amazon will continue to evaluate ridership over the next few months.
We will maintain constant contact and keep you informed of any developments as they occur.
- Be willing to work an early morning or late night shift on a full-time basis
- High School diploma or equivalent diploma
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Ability to read and speak basic English
- Associates must, with or without reasonable accommodation, be able to lift up to 49 pounds, stand/walk for extended periods of time, and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
- Managing the receiving of truck deliveries and packages
- Using a smartphone and handheld devices with various apps and scanning bar codes
- Building, wrapping, sorting, and transporting pallets and packages based on destination, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Climbing and descending stairs safely (applies to sites with stairs), with or without reasonable accommodation
- Working on a secure mezzanine at a height of up to 40 feet (applies to buildings with mezzanines)
What’s it like to work in an AMZL Warehouse
- Safety first: Amazon is committed to providing one of the safest work environments, which means rules are to be followed
- Changing temperatures: Warehouse temperatures can widely vary based upon local weather conditions, and may occasionally exceed 90 degrees
- Customer obsession: Working vigorously to earn and keep customer trust
- Quality is key: Delivering results with the right quality in a timely fashion
- Be flexible: Associates should be open to working voluntary and mandatory extra hours and willing to work at a fast pace
- Rotating tasks: Associates will rotate tasks multiple times throughout the week
- Various noise levels: Noise levels may grow loud at times
The perks of being an Amazon employee don’t stop at collaborating with great people on exciting and innovative projects. We also offer a full range of benefits that support employees and eligible family members, including domestic partners and their children. Amazon’s benefits can vary by location, the number of regularly scheduled hours you work, length of employment, and job status such as seasonal or temporary employment.
- Paid-for safety footwear
- Free onsite parking
- Work for a top employer
Amazon is committed to employment equity. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce that reflects Canada is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills and value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build. Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with applicable laws in the province of British Columbia. If you require accommodations, please notify us at www.amazondelivers.jobs/contactus.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Specific Skills Resolve work related problems Requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies Prepare and submit progress and other reports Handle emergency situations Establish [...]
Responsibilities: • Plan, design and execute all aspects of our digital marketing, and keep improving conversion rates. • Develop and monitor campaign budgets. • Measure and report perfor [...]
Overview An exciting and challenging contract position exists as a Customer Logistics Coordinator at Vega’s head office in Burnaby, BC. As the Customer Logistics Coordinator, you will be responsibl [...]
BCIT’s School of Business is seeking a temporary, full-time (1.0 FTE) Intern. The Intern assists the Associate Director, Global Relations and other leaders in the School of Business related to areas [...]