Vancouver Coastal Health
Job Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Med/Surg - Bone Marrow TransplantWork Site: Bone Marrow Transplant, Vancouver General HospitalStatus: Regular Full TimeStart Date:
As soon as possible
Salary: $35.53 - $46.65 per hourHours:
Days off: Rotating
Come work as a Registered Nurse at Vancouver General Hospital!
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the Bone Marrow Transplant team at Vancouver General Hospital.
As an RN Med/Surg in Bone Marrow Transplant you will:
- Provide nursing care to assigned patients/clients working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary care team.
- Assess, plan,
implement and evaluate client care.
- Participate in discharge planning, function as a client advocate and teach clients and their families about illness/injury and overall health promotion and wellness.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Document care provided and respond to incidents in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Consult, confer and collaborate with other health care providers.
- Maintain and advance own clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement care plans.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve, set priorities and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing).
- Demonstrated ability to deal with others effectively including the ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel and teach clients and their families.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership through initiative and independence.
- Demonstrated skill in clinical techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Looking for a great opportunity to work in Canada’s largest Automotive Group? Dilawri Group of Companies (BC Region) is currently looking to fill the position of a Deal Clerk. ESSENTIAL DUTIES: [...]
Full-time, Temporary Student or Co-op Position Closing Date: 4:30 pm, Wednesday, April 28, 2021 The Sunshine Coast Regional District (SCRD) is the regional government serving the approximate 3 [...]
Find a Place Where you Belong Who We Are Property.ca Inc., is a specialized real estate company, powered by its two flagship technology solutions: condos.ca and property.ca and offering unique exper [...]
At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your ca [...]