Position at VON Canada (Nova Scotia)
Employment Status: Regular, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program: Home Support
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 80
Work Schedule: Days, with an evening and weekend rotation
Union/Bargaining Unit: NSGEU
Location: Truro, Colchester & East Hants County
The power to change lives!
Tired of fluorescent lights and call bells? With VON you get to hit the open road, where the scenery and work is different every day. We offer a workplace free from the repetitive and boring, where you know you’ve helped someone remain independent, and meet some great people along the way.
VON is a non-profit organization that provides clinical,
personal and social support to people who want to live every day to the fullest while remaining in their own homes and communities.
Our Continuing Care Assistants provide care in client homes and other settings in communities across Nova Scotia:
- Work with clients in their homes to provide personal care
- Assist with daily living activities, such as grooming, dressing and bathing
- Provide respite care
- Plan and prepare meals and light household duties
- Help with mobility and transfers
- Monitor and maintain household safety
- ….and much more
What we can offer you:
- Comprehensive orientation program
- Opportunity to use your skills and expand your knowledge
- Competitive salaries and vacation time
- Tiered Benefits (health, dental, LTD) & an Employee Assistance Program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan with company contribution
- Travel compensation
- SMART phone provided to keep you connected during work time
- Opportunity to make a difference in your community
- Work with an organization that is 120 years strong
What we need from you:
- Continuing Care Assistant Certification (CCA)
- PSW, HSW, etc. certification from another province (who are enrolled in or are eligible to enroll in the Nova Scotia CCA Recognizing Prior Learning (PLAR) Program)
- Students in nursing, CCA programs and internationally educated nurses will also be considered
- Current CPR/First Aid required
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is required
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check and Child Abuse Registry Check are required, a Vulnerable Sector Search may also be required
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Come for the job, stay for the chance to make a real difference.
VON is closely monitoring the rapidly evolving situation with COVID-19 and following public health directives, including recommendations from the Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. The health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff are our top priority.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations where required. For more information, please visit http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements
Attention Current Employees (Internal Applicants): If you are applying to a unionized position and you are a member of its bargaining unit, please be aware that this posting may remain open beyond the deadline if there are not enough applicants to fill the position(s). If the posting remains open after the initial deadline, VON may close the posting at its’ discretion or a rolling deadline equivalent to the posting period specified in your Collective Agreement will be deemed, and each successive period will be treated as a separate posting for purposes of comparing seniority between candidates.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
For Current Agropur Employees: Please apply for this job through the Career application of your Workday Home Page. Job Type: Regular Working at Agropur means being a member of an extended [...]
Competition # : 30129 Department: Transportation & Infrastructure Renewal Location: Multiple Locations Zone: 14 and 16 Type of Employment: Year Round Union Status: CUPE - NSPG [...]
Truro Toyota is immediately seeking a Automotive Detailer. The candidate for this position well be exceptionally organized, and highly self-motivated. Perform general car cleaning and detailing dutie [...]
Competition # : 30119 Department: Agriculture Location: SYDNEY Type of Employment: Term Union Status: NSGEU - NSPG Closing Date: 4/27/2021 (Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM Atlantic Time) [...]