Vancouver Coastal Health
Job Title: Child Care Counselor I - Early ChildhoodWork Site: Vancouver Child & Youth Mental Health, Alan Cashmore Centre - Vancouver, BCStatus: Temporary Full TimeStart Date:
As soon as possible until approximately April 2022
Salary: $29.12 - $36.30 per hourHours:
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Child Care Counselor with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Child Care Counselor to join the Alan Cashmore Centre in Vancouver, BC.
As a Child Care Counselor, you will:
- Participate in the planning and implementation of therapeutic programs for emotionally or behaviour disordered children in the home setting and community.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members, educational resources and other health care professionals/providers to achieve excellence in health services and education.
Education & Experience
- Child Care Counsellor diploma or Early Childhood Education Certificate or a relevant degree in the Behavioural Sciences from a recognized educational institute, plus a minimum two years' experience working with behaviour disordered children, including parent counseling experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Valid B.C. driver's license. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage reimbursement is paid.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles of recovery in mental illness.
- Knowledge and understanding of child development principles and techniques, and a willingness to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Ability to provide consultation to staff and other agencies that provide services to families and children.
- Demonstrated ability to interact empathetically with disturbed children and their families.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, to work independently with minimal direction, to problem solve, to take initiative, and to organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to establish/maintain satisfactory work relationships with the public, volunteers and other employees, to deal tactfully and effectively with co-workers, public and staff from other agencies/organizations, to maintain confidentiality and to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work within a team environment. Basic computer literacy.
- Ability to carry out the physical demands of the job.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Customer Experience Agent We're looking for an experienced and driven Customer Experience Agent to join our growing team! This is the perfect role for someone who is passionate about delivering amazi [...]
Business Development Associate (3-months contract), Wealth Management Vancouver - Job #3939 Summary: Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a l [...]
Who We Are lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practi [...]
Reporting to the VP, Public Affairs, Communication and Stakeholder Engagement and receiving direction from leadership of the new St. Paul’s Hospital, the Digital Media Communications Officer writes, [...]