University Health Network
CUPE JOB POSTING # 873298
Position: Nutrition Aide, Cold Food Assembly
Site: Toronto General Hospital
Reports to: Supervisor
Scale/Grade: Level 54
Wage Schedule: $23.59 - $24.29 per hour (Start rate: $23.59 per hour in accordance with collective agreement requirements)
Hours: Up to 24 Hours/week; Various Shifts As Required 0630 - 2130; must be available at least 3 full shifts/wk and every other weekend & Statutory Holidays.
Status: Permanent Part-Time
As an integral member of the Nutrition Department, the principal responsibilities of the NUTRITION AIDE: COLD FOOD ASSEMBLY include: assembling meals on the cold assembly beltline, as per meal ticket request; retrieving, stocking and setting up food items and supplies at workstations; disassembling, cleaning and maintaining workstation and beltline area; transporting carts to receiving and elevators/units; performing cross-functional duties as assigned and/or required; performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
- At minimum, completion of high school or recognized equivalent
- Food Handler’s/Hygiene Certificate (on the job certification provided)
- 3 months to less than 6 months practical and related experience and/or 1 month to less than 3 months on the job training
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to Ability to read/understand verbal work orders, instructions, short notes and/or brief forms
- Ability to do simple mathematical calculations (e.g. adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, etc.)
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines in accordance to UHN standards
- Exercise initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Knowledge of applicable legislative, UHN and/or departmental policies
- Client service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with diversity and appreciate that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job: able to lift 6kg to 10 kg; pushing, loading and unloading food trucks; adding food items to tray
- Must be able to tolerate a cold environment; in a refrigerated work area
- Will be required to work rotating shifts on weekends and statutory holidays
- May be required to work at multiple areas as well as rotating shifts in emergency situations
POSTED DATE: March 18, 2021 CLOSING DATE: Until filled.
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Company Description We’re embarking on something BIG... Central 1 is the partner of choice for financial, digital banking and payment products and services – fueling the success of businesses a [...]
******To be considered for this role you must attach a copy of your unofficial transcripts when attaching your resume. Please attach as a single PDF****** At RSM, associates work with large and small [...]
About SnapPay SnapPay, a Toronto-based fintech firm known for its innovative payment solutions that revolutionized the payment industry in North America. Our services have successfully enabled North [...]
Our Company is expanding online sale and moving to North York location. Hiring for this new location. Part-time hours: 20-40 per week Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent Salary: $17.00-$25.0 [...]