University Health Network
CUPE JOB POSTING #873317
Position: Registered Practical Nurse
Site: Toronto Western Hospital
Department: Neurovascular Unit
Reports to: Nurse Manager
Scale/Grade: U0 62
Salary Range: $30.75 - $31.43 per hour (Start rate in accordance with collective agreement requirements)
Hours: Up to 22.5 hours per week; Shifts: Days/Nights/Weekends
Status: Permanent Part-time
“Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”
At University Health Network, which consists of Toronto General, Toronto Western, Princess Margaret and Toronto Rehab hospitals, nothing is more important to us than our team of dedicated employees. UHN focuses on creating and maintaining a workplace of choice,
where our people are recognized and valued. We focus on creating a workplace where people enjoy the challenge of their career, create and engage in best practices and are treated with respect.
As a member of the Neurovascular nursing and multi-disciplinary team, the Registered Practical Nurse practices in accordance with relevant legislation/standards, the UHN Professional Practice Model and the mission and vision of nursing at the UHN to provide compassionate, collaborative and competent care, while meeting the legal and ethical requirements of the profession. The principal responsibilities include: applying knowledge of nursing process, as it relates to scope of practice, to achieve identified patient goals when overall care needs are less complex, outcomes are predictable and risk of negative outcomes is low; identifies and recognizes abnormal or unusual patient responses and consults with the RN or other members of the health care team; provides aspects of care for highly complex patients when in close consultation with the registered nurse directing the patient’s care; ensuring practice is consistent with professional standards and the ethical framework as outlined by the College of Nurses of Ontario and the UHN policy and procedure; demonstrating commitment to professional life long learning by participating in continuing education activities to meet the needs of the patient population served and the standards of the profession; performing reflective practice, analyzing and evaluating nursing knowledge and modifying practice accordingly to improve the quality of nursing and patient care; performing cross-functional and other responsibilities, as assigned and/or requested.
• Completion of college, or other approved Registered Practical Nursing program including practicum experience
• Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Practical Nurse
• Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (B.C.L.S.) certification
• Current medication certificate which meets the standards of practice established by the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Demonstrates competencies as per unit/program competency-based checklist
• Recent experience working on a Neurovascular unit preferred
• Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines in accordance to UHN standards
• Exercise initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task
• Compliance with confidentiality requirements
• Effective organizational, interpersonal and communication and time management skills
• Knowledge of applicable legislative, UHN and/or departmental policies
• Client service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with diversity and appreciate that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand
• Good computer skills
• Coronary Course 1 (CC1) preferred
• Acute Care experience preferred
POSTED DATE: March 18, 2021 CLOSING DATE: March 25, 2021
If you are interested in contributing at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Marketing Communications Coordinator Location Toronto, Ontario Additional Locations: Kingston,Ontario Requisition Number R-89380 Assurant is currently looking for a Marketing Communications Coord [...]
Calling all Professional Executive Assistants in Toronto! Do you possess 2+ years of Executive Assistant directly supporting senior staff? Do you have excellent interpersonal and communication skills? [...]
Marketing Communications Specialist Location Toronto, Ontario Requisition Number R-89385 Take an active part in preparing creative and effective content to explain Assurant products across all li [...]
Are you looking for a customer-oriented administrative role in a professional industry? Do you have at least 1 year of administrative assistant experience in an immigration field? Are you tech-savvy a [...]