Vancouver Coastal Health
Job Title: Registered Nurse (RN) - Operating Rooms - Training OpportunityWork Site: Operating Rooms, Richmond Hospital - Richmond, BCStatus: Regular Full Time - TrainingStart Date:
Mandatory Program Orientation Day: April 20, 2021
Full Time Training: Start date May 3, 2021
Salary: $35.53 - $46.65 per hourHours:
Days off: Rotating; some on call shifts as operationally required
Are you our next Registered Nurse? Apply today to join the team in the Operating Rooms at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the team in the Operating Rooms at Richmond Hospital. As an RN in the Operating Rooms at Richmond Hospital you will:
- Provide nursing services in an operating room environment as a member of an integrated surgical team performing varied and complex surgical interventions.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the patient/family.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with other members of the surgical team.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement and best practice approach in nursing practice and patient care.
- Maintain and advance your own clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Training Opportunity - New Grads welcome to APPLY
Please note that a cover letter and resume are required to apply for this specialty training opportunity.
Should there be insufficient qualified candidates available for the above position, VCH may fund post-basic training education.
Eligibility for the post-basic training education is restricted to applicants with a minimum of 2 years’ recent acute medical/surgical experience. Preference will be given to applicants with high acuity training and/or experience. Applicants must successfully complete the post-basic training education prior to working in the Department.
The post-basic training education program requires full time attendance. Funding will consist of 100% of wages, tuition and books during the training program.
Full time training: May 3, 2021 to September 3, 2021. In addition there is a mandatory program orientation day on April 20, 2021.
Candidates accepting this training opportunity agree to remain with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) as a regular status nurse in the area of nursing applicable to the education program for which they are hired for at least 18 months subsequent to completing training.
This will ensure that candidates are able to consolidate and apply skills in the specialty area that VCH has supported and funded candidates to complete. In the event that a candidate leaves the area of nursing applicable to the education program for which they were hired or VCH in under 18 months, VCH will seek to recover the cost of the program.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Completion of a recognized advanced nursing specialty program in operating room nursing, or two years’ recent, related experience in an acute care operating room environment.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a patient/family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of BCCNM standards for nursing practice.
- Comprehensive knowledge of perioperative nursing techniques, standards, instrumentation, supply and equipment requirements for a wide variety of surgical procedures.
- Broad knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
- Broad knowledge of pharmacology, and patient physiological responses related to anesthesia.
- Demonstrated ability to practice nursing in an operating room environment of an acute care teaching hospital.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and demonstrated ability in applying aseptic technique.
- Demonstrated ability to respond immediately and appropriately to emergency situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as an integral member of an operating room team.
- Demonstrated ability to continually assess patient condition during surgery and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and non-verbally.
- Demonstrated ability deal effectively with, patients and their families, co-workers, physicians, and other health care personnel.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated skill in the assembly and operation of operating room equipment.
- Basic computer literacy and knowledge of operating room computerized patient care information system.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Customer Experience Agent We're looking for an experienced and driven Customer Experience Agent to join our growing team! This is the perfect role for someone who is passionate about delivering amazi [...]
Business Development Associate (3-months contract), Wealth Management Vancouver - Job #3939 Summary: Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a l [...]
Who We Are lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practi [...]
Reporting to the VP, Public Affairs, Communication and Stakeholder Engagement and receiving direction from leadership of the new St. Paul’s Hospital, the Digital Media Communications Officer writes, [...]