Vancouver Coastal Health
Job Title: Cardiovascular PerfusionistWork Site: Perfusion Services, Vancouver General HospitalStatus: Temporary Full TimeStart Date:
As soon as possible until approximately July 2022
Salary: $49.69 - $54.34 per hourHours:
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays; shifts may include some on call, weekends, evengings & stats.
Come work as a Cardiovascular Perfusionist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Perfusionist to join the Perfusion Services team at Vancouver General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Cardiovascular Perfusionist with VCH you will:
- Work under the direct clinical supervision of the Anaesthesiologist and the Surgeon and provide technical support in the direct application of extracorporeal perfusion techniques.
- Monitor physiological responses of patients undergoing open-heart surgery.
- Ensure effective and safe patient care.
- Demonstrate expertise and leadership in perfusion practice.
- Operate, prepare and maintain perfusion equipment.
- Maintain and advance your own clinical competence.
- Participate on designated Hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Current certification by the Canadian Society of Clinical Perfusion (C.S.C.P.).
- Graduation from an accredited school of Perfusion Technology and one year’s recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of theory and practice for cardiovascular perfusion procedures.
- Broad knowledge and practice of safe work procedures with perfusion equipment.
- Broad knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with co-workers, medical personnel, other health care staff and students, both one-to-one and in-groups.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and to establish workload prioritizes in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated ability to use departmental and hospital policy and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of medical and other supplies appropriate to the clinical area.
- Demonstrated ability in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information system.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
About Technical Safety BC Technical Safety BC (formerly BC Safety Authority) is an independent, self-funded organization that oversees the safe installation and operation of technical systems and [...]
Requisition ID: 28197 Company Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Va [...]
Requisition ID: 28101 Company Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Va [...]
Job Description: In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health) patient and staff safety is a priority and a res [...]