Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Requisition ID: 222363
Position Number: 20009857
Posting End Date: March 25, 2021
Site: Health Sciences Centre
Work Location: Health Sciences Centre
Department / Unit: Admitting Patient Registration 1
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Anticipated Start Date - End Date: 03/29/2021 - Indefinite
Reason for Term: Other Leave
Anticipated Shift: Evenings;Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.50
Annual Base Hours: 1950
Salary: $18.649, $19.209, $19.785, $20.379, $20.990, $21.620
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba.
The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Working as a member of the Admissions team in conjunction with the Manager, Admitting/Patient Registration, the incumbent is responsible for the collection of personal and financial data required for admission, ensuring standards of exceptional customer service, professionalism and accuracy are met.
- Must have one year experience in an Admissions Office, or other Medical/Health office setting.
- Experience using electronic Patient Record systems such as Admission, Discharge, Transfer (ADT) and Ambulatory Care Scheduling Systems preferred.
- Completion of high school or equivalent program, required.
- Successful completion of a recognized - Medical Administrative Assistant program required.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.
Qualifications and Skills
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language and/or knowledge in Indigenous customs, traditions and values.
- Typing/keyboarding skills (minimum 40wpm) and medical terminology (Health Sciences Centre (HSC) test pass mark 75%) required. Knowledge of computer software (Windows) and applications (Microsoft Office) required.
- Excellent command of English (oral and written) and superior interpersonal communication skills required.
- Meets deadlines, problem solves and exercises judgment for decision making within the scope of the job description and within the team mandate.
- Demonstrated initiative to set goals and objectives on an annual basis.
- Must be able to deal effectively with frequent interruptions and pressures of the job, using tact and patience.
- Upon completion of the probationary period, must be functional in two or more Admission areas.
This term position may end earlier as outlined in your collective agreement.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the ''Apply'' icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accomodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description Clinic Entry Point Screeners duties include but not limited to: Reporting to Management, the Entry Point Screener plays a key role in ensuring the Health and Safety of our facility b [...]
Business Equipment and Computer Applications - Internet Work Setting - Telecommunications company - Private sector - Business sector - Retail/wholesale establishment/distribution centre [...]
Business Equipment and Computer Applications - MS Excel - MS Windows - MS Word - Accounting software - MS Outlook Specific Skills - Reconcile accounts - Prepare trial balance of books [...]
Le défi à relever! Responsabilités du poste Expérience souhaitée #revealyourpotential #LifeAtCascades Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity withi [...]