Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Requisition ID: 222561
Position Number: 20090286
Posting End Date: March 25, 2021
Site: WRHA Community Health Services
Work Location: Winnipeg Shared Health
Department / Unit: Mental Health Crisis Stabilization Unit
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Anticipated Start Date - End Date: 04/16/2021 - Indefinite
Reason for Term: Other Leave
Anticipated Shift: Days;Nights;Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 8.00
Annual Base Hours: 2080
Salary: $20.097, $20.720, $21.433, $22.168, $22.915, $23.650
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba.
The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Under the general direction of the CRC / CSU Clinical Team Leaders and Managers, and in collaboration with the CRC / CSU Clinical Team, the incumbent is responsible for providing supportive services to individuals in mental health or psychosocial crisis.
- Maintenance of key Working Relationships
- Client/Family Support and Monitoring
- Maintenance of Premises
- Other Duties as Assigned
The Employer may use this posting to establish an eligibility list. Such lists may be maintained for a period of time not exceeding six (6) months.
- Minimum of two years mental health experience at the para-professional level, providing support services to adults with mental illness required.
- Understanding of Recovery Oriented Guidelines.
- Basic familiarity of a range of mental illness presentations.
- Basic knowledge Mental Health Programs and Services.
- Familiarity with relevant aspects of the Mental Health Act, Personal Health Information Act and Child & Family Services Act.
- Familiarity with Crisis Intervention Theory and risk management responsibilities.
- Understanding of Trauma Informed Care.
- Understands the basic tenets of Mental Health Promotion, Suicide Prevention Initiatives and CODI Initiatives.
- ASIST and Suicide Assessment and Intervention.
- Knowledge and experience in working with people with substance related concerns.
- Complete High School Education, Manitoba standards.
- Completion of a recognized Community College Diploma program in Social Services, or a related health discipline preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience as recognized by Crisis Response Services may be considered.
- Mental Health First Aide and ASIST certificates or willingness to obtain.
- Safe Food Handling Certificate or willingness to obtain
- Computer skills including Internet and Microsoft Programs (Word, Outlook, EMR)
- Addiction related training is an asset.
The Crisis Response Centre has a mandate to provide service in French; preference will be given to bilingual (French/English) candidates.
- Must have a valid Manitoba Class V driver’s license.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to receive and give direction.
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with resources.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Crisis Intervention and Time Management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills through clear communication and positive behavior within the Respectful Workplace Policy.
- Adherence to all Workplace Safety and Health regulations and Safe Work practices.
- Ability to prioritize tasks; excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to respect and promote confidentiality.
- Ability to respect and promote a cultural diverse population.
- Days, evenings, nights and weekend shifts.
- Unexpected deadlines.
- Some interruptions from internal and external sources.
- Wide range of client-related and environmental responsibility (stocking, light lifting, transport tasks).
This term position may end earlier as outlined in your collective agreement.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the ''Apply'' icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accomodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping the most vulnerable in Canada and throughout the world, is currently seeking a Coordinator, Emergency M [...]
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.) - First Aid Certificate - CPR Certificate - Non-violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) Certificate Work Setting - Drug and alcoh [...]
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.) First Aid Certificate CPR Certificate Non-violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) Certificate Work Setting Drug and alcohol r [...]
New Directions is a social service agency offering a wide range of resources and services that foster people’s hopes and dreams in their communities. Shift-Staffed Homes, one of the many service [...]