Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Requisition ID: 222004
Position Number: 20024516
Posting End Date: March 25, 2021
Site: WRHA Corporate
Work Location: Winnipeg Corporate
Department / Unit: Communication Disorders
Job Stream: Clinical Support
Anticipated Start Date - End Date: 04/29/2021 - 09/05/2022
Reason for Term: Maternity Leave
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.25
Annual Base Hours: 1885
Salary: $38.479, $40.089, $41.632, $43.190, $44.826, $46.629, $48.434
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations.
We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Provides quality audiology services, consistent with discipline and professional standards, including: prevention, consultation, client assessment, identification, planning, intervention implementation (e.g. hearing aid fittings) and evaluation; program planning and implementation; discharge planning; referrals to other professionals and follow-up. Provides education and guidance to other healthcare providers and individuals/professionals working within the educational/healthcare system. Provides clinical supervision and training for students and provisional members and participates in the education of other healthcare professionals upon request. Maintains professional accountability, professional judgment and reasoning with a high level of communication and collaboration.
- Previous experience providing clinical audiological services for children and adults.
- Previous experience with a relevant population and assessment techniques preferred.
- Masters degree in Audiology from an accredited/recognized university is required.
- Completion of and ongoing participation in relevant courses, workshops, etc. to address continuing education requirements of CASLPM and specialization required for service provision.
- Must be registered with the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Manitoba (CASLPM). Membership in other professional organizations is encouraged; for example, the Canadian Academy of Audiology (CAA) and Speech-Language and Audiology Canada (SAC).
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Training requirements for this position shall be in accordance with the WRHA policy.
- May be required to work extended hours.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases, blood and body fluids, toxic materials, noise, allergens, physical and emotional stress, etc..
- May encounter aggressive and/or agitated clients/staff/visitors.
This term position may end earlier as outlined in your collective agreement.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accomodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
The Winnipeg Civic Employees’ Benefits Program (WCEBP) provides pension and long term disability benefits to employees of the City of Winnipeg and eight other participating employers and plan admini [...]
The WHY Why MEC? MEC is more than a store, and we’re more than a place to buy hats and backpacks. We’re physical and digital hubs for the outdoor community. People connect here, through our stor [...]
Prevention and Screening – Misericordia Competition #: 138-21-715566680/71566620 Closing Date: April 20, 2021 - Permanent - Full-Time - (1.0 EFT) Overview: Reporting to the Screening Pro [...]
1,0 2e année (terme) NUMERO D’AFFICHAGE 865/T/20 DATE D’AFFICHAGE le 13 avril 2021 ÉCOLE ÉCOLE ST. GERMAIN DESCRIPTION DU POSTE Ce poste à terme commencera le aussitôt que possible [...]