Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Requisition ID: 222564
Position Number: 20042512
Posting End Date: March 25, 2021
Site: Shared Health
Work Location: Misericordia Health Centre
Department / Unit: Ultrasound - MHC
Job Stream: Clinical
Union: SH IUOE/OEM987D
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days;Weekends; On Call
Daily Hours Worked: 7.50
Annual Base Hours: 1950
Salary: $18.582, $19.139, $19.713, $20.305, $20.914, $21.541
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba.
The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Acts as receptionist/stenographer and schedules ultrasound appointments.
- Experience in general office procedures and competent in medical transcription.
- Experience with radiological, CT and ultrasound terminology.
- Demonstrated experience operating in a Windows computer environment required.
- Grade 12.
- Business College course in medical stenography.
- Not Applicable
Qualifications and Skills
- Keyboarding speed of 60-70 wpm.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, is required.
- Works within the Centre's core values, philosophy, vision, C.Q.I. goals, policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work cooperatively courteously and tactfully with clients and all Centre staff.
- Must possess developed interpersonal skills in order to handle all verbal and written communication involving patients and staff of the Diagnostic Imaging Department.
- Ability to cope with stressful situations and frequent interruptions.
- Must have a high degree of confidentiality regarding all patients and staff of the Diagnostic Imaging Department.
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing education and participates in professional activities for personal and professional growth.
- Physical health to meet the requirements of the position.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the ''Apply'' icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accomodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
We are seeking candidates to fill immediate openings within our rapidly expanding Credit and Collections Department. Your duties as a Collections Officer would include: -emailing and calling our cus [...]
Vehicle Protective Solutions is seeking an experienced paint protection film and/or window tint installer in Winnipeg, MB. The right candidate should excel in paint protection film and/or window tint [...]
We are seeking candidates to fill a position as a Collections Agent within our rapidly expanding Credit and Collections Department. Your duties as a Collections Agent would involve driving to our cus [...]
Lindenwood Retirement Living: Living together in a Christian Community - Serving with Compassion - Embracing Independence - Fostering Connection - Leading Innovation We are currently seeking a Ca [...]