Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Requisition ID: 221481
Position Number: 20031560
Posting End Date: March 25, 2021
Site: Concordia Hospital
Work Location: Concordia Hospital
Department / Unit: PANSU - Post Acute Neuro Surgical - CGH
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: 04/07/2021
Anticipated Shift: Days;Evenings;Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 8.00
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $18.265, $18.813, $19.377, $19.958, $20.557, $21.174
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations.
We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Under the general supervision of the Clinical Manager, the Registered Nurse (RN), the Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN), and/or the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), the Health Care Aide (HCA) acts as a member of the health care team, assisting with patient/resident care and providing basic supportive care as directed.
- Recent patient care experience (in the last 4 years) required or equivalent will be considered
- Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Health Care Aide Certificate from a recognized college/educational institution required
- Friends and Family CPR training is required.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) is required for positions in Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and Urgent Care with recertification required annually. (Certification must be obtained within 2 months of acquiring the position).
Qualifications and Skills
- General skills and ability to perform all tasks and responsibilities relevant to the duties of the position
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize assigned workload
- Demonstrated ability to perform as a team member and seek assistance as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in written and oral English
- Demonstrated ability to relate to people in a tactful, courteous and reassuring manner
- Demonstrated ability to organize and establish priorities
- Demonstrated ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality in all manners pertaining to the hospital, patients/residents and their families
- Satisfactory employment record required
- Good physical health to meet the position demands
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accomodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Requisition ID: 231061 Position Number: 20081610 Posting End Date: April 16, 2021 City: Winnipeg Site: Grace Hospital Work Location: Grace Hospital Department / Unit: Clinical [...]
Requisition ID: 230922 Position Number: 20028154 Posting End Date: April 16, 2021 City: Winnipeg Site: Deer Lodge Centre Department / Unit: Lodge 5 Chronic Care Job Stream: Cli [...]
Requisition ID: 213841 Position Number: 20006693 Posting End Date: Apr 17 2021 City: Winnipeg Site: Health Sciences Centre Department / Unit: Respiratory Medicine Thoracic Surgery [...]
Requisition ID: 192982 Position Number: 20076174 Posting End Date: April 16, 2021 City: Winnipeg Site: WRHA Community Health Services Work Location: Downtown West Comm Health & SS [...]