Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Requisition ID: 222781
Position Number: 20068622
Posting End Date: March 25, 2021
Site: St. Boniface Hospital
Work Location: St. Boniface Hospital
Department / Unit: Rehab Services
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date - End Date: 04/12/2021 - 10/31/2022
Reason for Term: Maternity Leave
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.50
Annual Base Hours: 1950
Salary: $34.448, $35.480, $36.546, $37.642, $38.769, $39.931
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations.
We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
The Occupational Therapist collaborates with clients through assessment, interventions, follow-up, planning and designing of services to meet occupational performance goals, support healthy lifestyles, prevent illness and disability and promote health. Quality client care is supported through continuing professional development, research, quality improvement and promotion of occupational therapy.
- Recent and relevant clinical experience preferred.
- Entry-to-practice academic credential in Occupational Therapy from an accredited Canadian university program or the approved equivalent if internationally educated as determined by the College of Occupational Therapists of Manitoba (COTM).
- Successful completion of relevant continuing professional education in designated clinical area preferred.
- Registration is required with the College of Occupational Therapists of Manitoba (COTM) with the incumbent’s name entered in the practicing register or in the provisional register as an examination candidate. Where the incumbent is provisionally registered as an examination candidate, to maintain employment, he/she must pass the examination required by COTM during the next available exam offering to maintain employment with the Centre.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Training requirements for this position shall be in accordance with the WRHA policy.
- Membership in the Manitoba Society of Occupational Therapists (MSOT) and the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT) preferred.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to establish and maintain good interpersonal relationships.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other disciplines.
- Demonstrated professional judgment and initiative.
- Demonstrated effective organizational, interpersonal, critical thinking, clinical reasoning, conflict resolution and decision-making skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of evidence based practice.
- Ability to perform both independently and as a team member.
- Knowledge of the physiological, social, cultural and economic aspects of patient care.
- Ability to organize and complete assignments with a minimum of supervision.
- Willingness to adapt to new concepts, techniques and best practice in the academic and clinical fields of healthcare knowledge.
- Computer literacy as appropriate to the setting.
If there are no applicants meeting the qualifications, the employer may consider an applicant who does not meet the above qualifications. Applicants are required to submit a letter of application including a current resume.
This term position may end earlier as outlined in your collective agreement.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accomodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description Clinic Entry Point Screeners duties include but not limited to: Reporting to Management, the Entry Point Screener plays a key role in ensuring the Health and Safety of our facility b [...]
Business Equipment and Computer Applications - Internet Work Setting - Telecommunications company - Private sector - Business sector - Retail/wholesale establishment/distribution centre [...]
Business Equipment and Computer Applications - MS Excel - MS Windows - MS Word - Accounting software - MS Outlook Specific Skills - Reconcile accounts - Prepare trial balance of books [...]
Le défi à relever! Responsabilités du poste Expérience souhaitée #revealyourpotential #LifeAtCascades Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity withi [...]