Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Requisition ID: 222003
Position Number: 20002747
Posting End Date: March 25, 2021
Site: WRHA Corporate
Work Location: Health Sciences Centre
Department / Unit: Pharmacy HSC Adult ICU
Job Stream: Clinical
Union: MAHCP-PHARM HSC
Anticipated Start Date - End Date: ASAP - 08/28/2021
Reason for Term: Other Leave
Anticipated Shift: Days;Nights;Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 11.63
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $44.138, $45.470, $46.861, $48.311, $49.823, $51.392, $53.033, $54.745
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations.
We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Under the general supervision of the designated Pharmacy Manager, the incumbent is responsible for the provision of pharmacy services to accommodate the medication and medication-related needs of hospital inpatients and outpatients. This includes pharmacotherapy monitoring, drug information and education.
- Previous experience in hospital pharmacy practice is preferred. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate professional information and to deal appropriately with matters of an urgent nature.
- Entry-to-practice academic credential in Pharmacy from an accredited Canadian university program or the approved equivalent if internationally educated as determined by the College of Pharmacists of Manitoba (CPhM).
- Completion of Hospital Residency program is preferred.
- Licensed or eligible for licensing in the Province of Manitoba.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of information systems technology and software is required.
- Knowledge of current pharmacy computer systems and software preferred.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills including fluency in the English language.
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility and independence in planning work to meet demanding schedules.
- Ability to create and maintain effective working relationships with other individuals.
- Supports the Philosophy/Mission/Goals and Objectives of the WRHA Pharmacy Program and the sites it services and is discreet.
- Good physical and mental health to meet the position demands. May be required to travel to other sites.
This term position may end earlier as outlined in your collective agreement.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accomodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Position Summary...The Staff Pharmacist assists the Pharmacy Manager in all aspects of the Pharmacy Operations. Provides patient care specific to each patient based on feedback received during patient [...]
Résumé des fonctions...Le pharmacien régulier assiste le gérant de la pharmacie dans tous les aspects de l’exploitation de la pharmacie. Ce que vous ferez... Assurer un bon service à la clien [...]
156125 Requisition ID: 156125 Career Group: Corporate Office Careers Job Category: In-Store Pharmacy Operations SMO Travel Requirements: 0 - 10% Country: Canada (CA) Province: Manitoba [...]
Requisition ID: 232143 Position Number: 20018933 Posting End Date: April 19, 2021 City: Winnipeg Site: WRHA Corporate Work Location: Health Sciences Centre Department / Unit: Mental Health Cli [...]