Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Requisition ID: 222701
Position Number: 20053536
Posting End Date: March 25, 2021
Site: Concordia Hospital
Work Location: Concordia Hospital
Department / Unit: Facility Management - CGH
Job Stream: Clinical Support
Union: IUOE/OEM 987
Anticipated Start Date: 04/12/2021
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.50
Annual Base Hours: 1950
Salary: $33.745, $34.587, $35.539
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Under the direction of the Director of Physical Plant, and within the mission aims and objectives of the Concordia Hospital, the Electronic Technologist is responsible for the efficient functioning of Electromedical and related equipment in all areas throughout the hospital. Responsible for equipment testing. evaluation, repair and maintenance procedures, providing instruction to users on equipment operation, maintain accurate documentation and records. Participating in departmental Quality Improvement initiatives, and performing other related duties as assigned.
- Previous experience or knowledge in areas of data communication hardware and software, building automation, medical electronics, solid state systems and instrumentation.
- Minimum grade XII education.
- Completion of Biomedical Electronics Technologist in Manitoba or completion of 2 (two) year Electronic Technology Diploma.
- Eligible for registration in C.T.T.A.M. (Certified Technicians and Technologist Association of Manitoba).
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess the necessary interpersonal skills to effectively carry out the required functions.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must be available to work days, evenings or nights.
- Must be able to work effectively with limited supervision.
- Must have the ability to perform other duties and functions resulting in the complexities of electronics and communication apparatus and equipment.
- Confidential in all Hospital/patient/resident related matters.
- Good physical and mental health to meet the position demands.
- May be required to work extended hours.
- May involve exposure to disease, radiation, toxic materials, noise, allergens etc.
- May encounter aggressive and/or agitated individuals.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accomodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Why this role is important? Interested in working for MediSystem Pharmacy? Submit your application today and we will be in touch with you for upcoming opportunities in your area! What You'll Do: - [...]
Job Description Go North. Your Direction. “To advance and provide comprehensive and innovative patient-centered health services to under-served and hard to reach regions.” The North West Comp [...]
Job Description Status: RPT Shifts: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Friday (12:00PM - 10:30PM) In your role as Warehouse Personnel, Evenings - Outbound Dock Operations at The North West Company (NWC), [...]
Job Description “To advance and provide comprehensive and innovative patient-centered health services to under-served and hard to reach regions.” The North West Company (NWC) is hiring A Staff [...]