Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Requisition ID: 185741
Position Number: 20036506
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Site: St. Boniface Hospital
Work Location: St. Boniface Hospital
Department / Unit: Security - SBH
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Nights
Daily Hours Worked: 12.00
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $17.456, $17.941, $18.426, $18.912, $19.397, $19.882
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Patrols buildings and property of the St. Boniface Hospital to create a safe and secure environment for patients, staff and the visiting public. Ensures that laws, rules and regulations of the St. Boniface Hospital are enforced in a prudent and reasonable fashion as they apply to Security, Fire Safety and both vehicular and pedestrian traffic. Detects and deals with unlawful acts. Assists medical/nursing staff when requested and directs and assists visitors throughout the facility. Ensures that an accurate record of activities of duty is maintained and that all incident reports are properly documented to ensure proper investigative action is taken.
Prior security experience preferred.
- Complete high school education, Manitoba standards, required.
- Diploma from a recognized education facility in a related field or a combination of previous experience in law enforcement or a military background.
- Must possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license. Must possess a valid Manitoba Security Guard License and/or any future license mandated by the province to perform the duties of a Security Guard.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be able to work at extreme heights to support Heli-port operation
- Must be able to perform activities that include pre-landing inspections, activation of emergency systems and assisting patient off-loads
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Demonstrated ability to use a two-way radio is required
- Ability to interact well with others
- Ability to retain information which is of a confidential nature
- Must possess tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion and good judgement
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to adapt readily to stressful situations
- Mature, professional manner
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Physically fit and able to stand/walk for long periods of time and run to urgent situations.
- Physically able to restrain, detain or evict individuals.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Requisition ID: 231390 Position Number: 20024455 Posting End Date: April 16, 2021 City: Winnipeg Site: Health Sciences Centre Work Location: Health Sciences Centre Department / Unit: Central Sta [...]
Requisition ID: 231521 Position Number: 20060223 Posting End Date: April 16, 2021 City: Winnipeg Site: Deer Lodge Centre Work Location: Deer Lodge Centre Department / Unit: HR Scheduling Job St [...]
Paramount Services Ltd, a full facilities management company is currently hiring Licensed Journeyman Refrigeration Techs with Gas Ticket. Work is commercial/industrial. Positions available in Regina, [...]
Journeyman Plumber with Gas Ticket. Overview: Carry out preventative maintenance and plumbing installations with specific responsibility for identifying repair and/or replacement needs; installing [...]