Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Requisition ID: 183542
Posting End Date: Open until filled
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
This exciting opportunity is one of many created by the creation of a provincial health care system able to support integrated and patient-focused health services throughout Manitoba. Manitoba’s Health System Transformation is supporting the creation of roles that will support enhanced planning and integration, new areas of focus and improved consistency across health organizations. For more information on Health System Transformation and the initiatives that will provide Manitobans with high quality, equitable and sustainable health care, please refer to https://www.gov.mb.ca/health/hst/index.html.
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
The Manitoba health system has seven health service delivery organizations (SDOs) across the province to serve the health needs of our population including CancerCare Manitoba, the Northern Regional Health Authority, the Interlake Eastern Regional Health Authority, Southern Health-Santé Sud, Prairie Mountain Health, the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority and Shared Health.
We currently have opportunities for multiple senior financial analyst positions in Shared Health who will be responsible for tracking and analyzing financial performance against plans, supporting the analysis of business performance to create forecasts and assist leadership with information and analysis to support tactical and strategic decision making. The senior financial analysts will work as assigned with a customer-centric mindset, each position will be assigned to support various work areas, specialties, business units, services, projects and improvement initiatives. The outcomes of the work of this position will inform systemic improvements for diverse areas of the health system such as:
• Ensuring financial transitions affecting cost centers are accurately reported in monthly cost center reports within established timeframes.
• Proactively reviewing results with cost center managers/leaders on a regular basis, analyze variances, respond to management requests and concerns, and make recommendations to improving financial data quality and accuracy.
• Assisting in the preparation of forecasts and budget reporting providing insight from and to cost center managers based on historical financial transactional knowledge including any funding allocations.
• Supporting management with information and guidance to coordinate and assist in the development of the annual budget plans and ensure that plans are within approved funded levels.
Independently or as part of a team, senior financial analysts supports the assigned site/service areas to identify, design and suggest improvements which produce efficiency of the health services.
The ideal candidates for these positions will bring:
• 5 years of progressive experience in accounting and finance
• 3 years’ experience working with complex financial analysis and data, financial forecasting, reporting and operational metrics tracking
• 3 years’ experience interpreting and translating financial metrics
• 3 years’ experience working with interdisciplinary teams and supporting multiple internal and external stakeholders
• Post-secondary degree in a related discipline such as management, economics, public or business administration from an accredited education institution; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
• Additional formal education in diverse and innovative financial business data modeling, funding and commissioning models in the public sector, and systematic process improvement methodologies (such as the lean transformation framework) are assets
• Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation with current membership in good standing is required
Qualifications and Skills
•Demonstrated comprehensive mid-level leadership capabilities. Shared Health has adopted the LEADS in a Caring Environment framework.
•Knowledge of capital financing, business accounting practices and Public Sector Accounting standards an asset
• Hands-on experience using the finance and accounting modules of a comprehensive ERP system (e.g. SAP and/or Great Plains) is considered an asset
• Must be able to work safely in a typical computerized office environment with frequent meetings at multiple sites throughout the organization, and to lift and carry items of up to approximately 25 pounds
• Interruptions to respond to questions from executives and government representatives are common; incumbent can schedule dedicated and focused time for planning and concentration
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the ''Apply'' icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions with the same employer that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about the available opportunities in the Manitoba health system resulting from Manitoba’s Health System Transformation, please contact [email protected]
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description Clinic Entry Point Screeners duties include but not limited to: Reporting to Management, the Entry Point Screener plays a key role in ensuring the Health and Safety of our facility b [...]
Business Equipment and Computer Applications - Internet Work Setting - Telecommunications company - Private sector - Business sector - Retail/wholesale establishment/distribution centre [...]
Business Equipment and Computer Applications - MS Excel - MS Windows - MS Word - Accounting software - MS Outlook Specific Skills - Reconcile accounts - Prepare trial balance of books [...]
Le défi à relever! Responsabilités du poste Expérience souhaitée #revealyourpotential #LifeAtCascades Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity withi [...]