St. Michael's Hospital - Unity Health Toronto
Unity Health Toronto, comprised of Providence Healthcare, St. Joseph’s Health Centre and St. Michael’s Hospital, works to advance the health of everyone in our urban communities and beyond. Our health network serves patients, residents and clients across the full spectrum of care, spanning primary care, secondary community care, tertiary and quaternary care services to post-acute through rehabilitation, palliative care and long-term care, while investing in world-class research and education. Join our team in our mission to continue to put patients and families at the centre of everything we do, in the role of Drug Access Navigator.
The primary role of the Drug Access Navigator is to assist patients in the Cystic Fibrosis/Respirology Program to obtain access to medications that are required as part of their treatment.
- Assist in submission of applications to potential sources of funding programs to obtain necessary medications for the patients
- Ensure appropriate procurement, storage, inventory, control, and relevant record keeping associated with this supply of medications
- Act as central point of contact for care team members on drug access issues
- Provide information to patients and care team members regarding potential sources of funding and status of applications
- Develop and refine necessary tools to assist in follow up of applications and in inventory control
- Assist with dispensing of medications when required
- Registration as a technician with the Ontario College of Pharmacists
- Minimum 2 years experience in a hospital and or outpatient/retail pharmacy with previous experience with Drug Access Navigation strongly preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact in a professional manner with patients, family, caregivers, clinical team members
- Ability to adapt to a fast pace and busy environment with multiple demands
- Ability to use basic computer software such as Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Kroll
- Excellent ability to keep meticulous records and time management skills
- Demonstrated experience and interest in ongoing development/learning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the vision, mission and values of Unity Health Toronto
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Hiring an attractive and open minded young woman for a long-term project. $30/hr. Office duties involved. Location is downtown. 25+ hours weekly. Full time a possibility. You need to be outgoing, frie [...]
LOOKING TEAM AZ OWNER OPERATORS FOR DRY VAN TO TX NEED MINIMUM 2 YEARS EXPEREIENCE AND AGE MUST BE OVER 25 Fuel and tolls 100% paid by company Free truck parking in the yard new truck will pay more ce [...]
• What We Offer City Driver WSIB Weekly Pay $25/hr + HST 13 Speed Manual Dedicated Truck Bunk 2008 Volvo Truck Guarantee 10hrs + / Day Dry / Reefer / Container Work • What We Offer O/O Open Board [...]
Location: Bahrain Gulf Researcher is a leading research organization in the Middle East. Based in Bahrain, we provide high-quality on-demand research tailored to our client’s needs. Gulf Researc [...]