St. Michael's Hospital - Unity Health Toronto
A qualitative research study to understand the lived experience and support needs of transitional age youth with intellectual and developmental disabilities (DD) and their families in the face of the COVID-10 pandemic.
This study aims to understand the lived experience and prioritized needs of transitional age youth (age 14-24) with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (IDD) and their families during the COVID-19 pandemic using a qualitative interview design.
Through semi-structured, in-depth interviews of 10 - 15 youth with IDD and their families, we want to understand directly from this population what their concerns are during this unprecedented time in order to accurately address them.
The insight gained from this study will guide us in tailoring services to fill the gaps identified and advocate for the necessary resources being requested.
Summary of Duties, but not limited to:
- Recruits participants to participate in interviews
- Conducts all interviews and analyzes transcripts under the direction of the Principal Investigators
- Monitors the progress and deadlines of research activities, develops and maintains records of research activities, and establishes and maintains operating policies and procedures
- Works collaboratively with all team members
- Coordinates the day-to-day activities of the research study
- Prepares periodic and ad hoc reports, as required by investigators, administrators, funding agencies, and/or regulatory bodies
- Responsible for collaborating with the Investigator(s) and other relevant partners involved in the project both internally and externally
- Plans, implements and coordinates all aspects of data collection and source documentation as per the organization’s policy and ICH/GCP guidelines
- Prepares, submits, and maintains Research Ethics Board (REB) applications both internally as well as submissions to external organizations (if applicable), tracks ethics approvals, and completes renewals/amendments as needed
- Collaborates with Investigator and/or team members to write and edit presentations, reports, proposals, publications, conference materials, and manuscripts.
- Plans and coordinates regular meetings for study team
The responsibilities described above are representative and are not to be construed as all-inclusive.
- Undergraduate degree in healthcare related field
- Experience working with youth and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities is an asset
- Excellent qualitative research skills including experience leading interviews and focus groups
- Minimum three to five years of progressive experience working in a research environment and/or academic hospital
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Work efficiently under pressure with strong judgement with excellent problem-solving skills and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of planning and management processes for research (e.g., experience with the ethics approval process, federal granting agency guidelines, etc.)
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative, discretion and tact
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are essential
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Computer competency including familiarity with qualitative data analysis software, NVivo, EndNote, MS Word, and MS Excel
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Land maintenance packages starting at affordable rates please contact [...]
Need tomorrow( 15th Apr) from 8 to 1 pm labour job for yard work for 1 or 2 persons. Txt me only to contact. In East Brampton, guys with yard work will be preferred. Cash 15$ an hour Next time will Su [...]
Wrap District is currently looking to hire new auto wrap installers. We are growing, and we are looking for installers to lead teams, or who are willing to learn and grow with the company. Our ideal c [...]
Can someone please teach me a trade asap. Drywall. You can pay me cash no prob [...]