Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd
Help us boldly shape retail in Canada
Canadian Tire Corporation’s (CTC) rich heritage of serving Canadians from coast-to-coast dates back to 1922. Our vision is to become the #1 retail brand in Canada and we are focused on innovating and making important investments in our business, especially when it comes to our people. To reach our goal, we need the best talent to help us evolve and drive change across the business – and boldly help shape Canada’s retail industry. As we strive to be at the forefront of a complex and vastly changing retail industry, it is an exciting time to join the Canadian Tire family of companies.
The Vehicle Controller acts as a coordinator and first line contact between the distribution centers and shunting team. The successful candidate will be responsible to ensure the safe and efficient movement of trailers within the facilities.
What you’ll do
- Receive and process trailer movement requests from the DC
- Coordinate and direct (dispatch) trailer movement with the shunt team
- Update and monitor all trailer movement within the facility using the Yard Smart system
- Prepare shipping schedule and pre-designate all required equipment on a daily basis
- Provide the DC with required trailers at required times based on daily schedules
- Troubleshoot any problems that arise from within the DC or from the shunt team with regards to trailer status or movement
- Record and maintain shunt drivers' time sheets/records
- Act as a member of the emergency response team within the yards in the case of a fire/medical emergency/spill/accident
HOURS OF OPERATION:
As part of 7 day operations, normal work week consists of 40 hours per week. Shifts mimic Distribution Centre (DC) shift patterns with both day and afternoon shifts of 10 hours, 4 days per weekly schedule. The shifts are 5:45 am to 3:45 pm and 3:45pm to 1:45am, respectively.
What you bring
- Functional, working knowledge of Yard Smart scheduling and replenishment applications
- Customer focused and dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Action oriented, ability to work in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment
- Self-motivated and conscientious
- Excellent problem analysis/solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, ability to listen and interact with customers and team members and maintain a good rapport
- Ability to work independently or as a team player
- Quick accurate decision making ability
- Multi-tasking skills; ability to prioritize, coordinate and delegate
- Demonstrated track record of reliability and commitment
- Previous shunt/control operation experiences an asset
- Back-up Vehicle Control experience an asset
About Canadian Tire Corporation
Canadian Tire and its family of companies are boldly shaping retail in Canada and we continue to deliver a positive experience for our customers. As one of the most trusted brands in Canada, our employees take pride in the work we do across the country. It’s more than the iconic triangle that keeps our employees around. From benefits and perks, to learning and development opportunities, to our commitment to Jumpstart – these are some of the many reasons why Canadian Tire Corporation is one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
To learn more about this team and the Canadian Tire family of companies follow us on LinkedIn.
Canadian Tire is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees -- their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
The production support worker must be willing to be trained and must adhere to company's standards. The position requires a person capable of working in a fast paced, high demand environment, with dea [...]
Super T LLC is looking for motivated individuals to work as blender operators in Brampton, ON. This is a 1st shift position from 7am to 3:30pm Monday-Friday. Our Brampton, Ontario location is part o [...]
Busy Chiropractic office serving many patients with expert healthcare with a natural approach. We are looking for a mature, high energy person who can handle a fast-paced environment. Candidate must [...]
Candidate will have to: Lead the sales department, Lead the sales team, Perform training to the existing sales & estimator staff, Identify prospective clients, develop clients relationships, maintain [...]