St. Michael's Hospital - Unity Health Toronto
The Site Manager, Supply Chain provides tactical guidance and day-to-day leadership to their staff as an assigned Unity Health site. This role leads a team of individuals and oversees distribution, logistics, and operational activities supporting the delivery of clinical and non-clinical products and services to Unity Health programs, ensuring that performance of supply chain operations achieves its strategic business objectives of providing the highest-value customer and patient experience, sustainability and people development. Operations managed by Site Managers include one or more of the following: Supply Cart Inventory Management; Linen; Mail Services; Printing; Receiving; and HLI warehouse management.
Site management - distribution and logistics:
- Lead all staff and activities related to materials management including:
- Inventory management (PAR levels; product conversions; etc.); and
- Logistics, including reverse logistics (returns and recalls)
- Support supplier relationship management activities, including GPO/SSOs and other shared services organizations
- Act as the primary point of contact for tactical distribution, logistics, and operations related activities for assigned site and supply chain customers domiciled at that site:
- Build and sustain positive relationships with program leaders and team members, through clear communication and planning, effective engagement, and genuine care and concern
- Build and sustain positive relationships with supporting business units/departments/programs.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to lead and support cross-functional projects (e.g. conversions, standardization exercises, PAR analysis)
- Pursue operational excellence by sustainably meeting and exceeding performance targets (operational, service and financial):
- Support, and at times lead, supply chain special projects and other related initiatives
- Champion continuous improvement initiatives (e.g. Kaizen activities; 5S; Lean; etc.)
- Keep informed of industry events, market dynamics, leading practices, and emerging technology that may impact Unity Health supply chain, including leading efforts determining the effects to Unity Health and designing and implementing mitigation activities
- Leveraging their extensive knowledge of healthcare and other industry supply chain leading practice to enhance Unity Health’s ability to deliver improved patient outcomes.
Human resource management:
- Build and sustain a high performing supply chain program team aligned to the Mission and Values of Unity Health Toronto
- Provide leadership/management for staff, involving leading a team of supply chain professionals by providing vision, goals and coaching to enable to high-performing team focused on market excellence and consistent improvement
- Deploy departmental resources to work with Unity Health Toronto customers to meet their needs and ensure appropriate processes and resources to achieve standardization and control
- Ensure team goals are consistent with Unity Health, Business Unit and Supply Chain Management objectives
- Support Unity Health performance management program, conducting performance evaluations with staff utilizing the appropriate corporate methodology
- Responsible for team-wide adherence to confidential, ethical and transparent business practices, in all requests for proposals and contract negotiations
- Participate in various committees, e.g., capital committees, Senior Leadership, etc., monitoring/bringing Unity Health policies forward, as required
- Ensure processes are in place to prevent conflict of interest/declaration and declaring identified breeches to senior team in a timely manner.
- Manage an operational site budget
- Prepare supply chain-related financial reports including reports governing asset management, budgeting & planning, financial performance, etc.
- Develop, gain approval for and manage the department’s operational budgets
- Justify resources requirements for the department and the effective use of resources allocated.
Performs cross functional and other duties as assigned and/or requested:
- All staff are expected to carry out their assigned duties and responsibilities in a manner which prioritizes patient and employee safety and confidentiality. Key accountabilities in this regard
- Provide strategic leadership in steering project objectives and measurements to evaluate project(s) upon completion
- Manage project(s) to milestones, outcomes and timelines, including ensuring project plans are developed and work is complete, according to defined timelines
- Oversee the management of detailed work plans that identify and sequences activities needed to successfully complete project(s)
- Determine the resources, e.g., time, money, equipment, etc., required to complete project(s)
- Approve and provide guidance towards project scheduling with management and all other staff that will be affected by project activities, revising project schedule, as required
- Ensure project(s) are executed according to the agreed project plan, on time, on budget and at the required level of quality while meeting all required deliverables
- Monitor progress of project(s), making appropriate adjustments, as necessary to ensure the successful completion of project(s)
- Establish, evaluate and achieve expected project(s) outcomes as established during the planning phase.
- Undergraduate degree required; completion of a degree or commitment to obtaining additional qualifications preferred
- Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) designation preferred
- Knowledgeable about contemporary technology and how it pertains to logistics and the respective support services in this department required
- At least five (5) years in a logistics management position required; preferably within a similar industry
- Multi-industry experience in supply chain operations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively at next management level within Unity Health Toronto
- Strong relationship management and conflict resolution skills required
- Ability to lead effectively in a dynamic operational environment required
- Proven abilities to deploy metrics and facilitate continuous improvement within Supply Chain required
- Self-motivated high achiever who strives for constant improvement
- Solution-oriented mindset with the ability to translate this into workable solutions required
- Possess the following skills set: coach, facilitator, motivator, delegator, customer service oriented, team oriented, goal oriented and continuous learning.
- Satisfactory attendance record.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Hiring an attractive and open minded young woman for a long-term project. $30/hr. Office duties involved. Location is downtown. 25+ hours weekly. Full time a possibility. You need to be outgoing, frie [...]
LOOKING TEAM AZ OWNER OPERATORS FOR DRY VAN TO TX NEED MINIMUM 2 YEARS EXPEREIENCE AND AGE MUST BE OVER 25 Fuel and tolls 100% paid by company Free truck parking in the yard new truck will pay more ce [...]
• What We Offer City Driver WSIB Weekly Pay $25/hr + HST 13 Speed Manual Dedicated Truck Bunk 2008 Volvo Truck Guarantee 10hrs + / Day Dry / Reefer / Container Work • What We Offer O/O Open Board [...]
Location: Bahrain Gulf Researcher is a leading research organization in the Middle East. Based in Bahrain, we provide high-quality on-demand research tailored to our client’s needs. Gulf Researc [...]