Technical Accounting Specialist (1 Year Contract)
LOVE WHAT YOU DO
Work is a big part of our lives, so it makes sense to choose a company that offers truly rewarding work. At Economical Insurance®, your contributions, creativity, and energy won’t go to waste. Our passionate culture and pioneering mentality infuse everything we do, which is why our one-million-plus policyholders know we’ll protect their homes, businesses, farms, cars, and pets like they’re our own.
We’re not afraid to see how far we can push the envelope to make insurance better. Our family of companies includes Sonnet, the only Canadian home and auto insurer offering a fully online buying experience, and Petline,
the largest Canadian pet insurance company. We’re also preparing to become a publicly traded company, a once-in-a-lifetime career opportunity for everyone who joins our team.
If you’re looking for a company that takes care of its people - and its customers - and has a track record of doing big things, get ready to love it here.
What can you expect in this Senior Financial Analyst role?
- Participating in technical accounting analysis of significant or unusual transactions, or recently issued accounting standards updates
- Supporting the implementation of IFRS 17 - Insurance Contracts accounting standard
- Designing and implementing new financial reporting and accounting processes to support the new Insurance Contracts standard
- Preparing timely, accurate and complete financial information (recurring and ad hoc) and reports
- Providing Finance customers with value-added financial information and analysis to assist in their decision-making process
- Assisting with the identification of the correct source of data, extracting the data and structuring it in a meaningful way
- Self-review of work prepared for reasonability, accuracy, and completeness
- Completing ad-hoc requests as they arise
What do you bring to the role?
- University or college degree in a business, finance or related program
- A CPA accounting designation or in the final stages of obtaining a CPA accounting designation
- Ability to work effectively in a team or independently with supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Excellent attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to meet and remain calm under tight deadlines
- Insurance industry experience would be beneficial but is not required
- Prior experience with IFRS 17 would be beneficial but is not required
- This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including credit & criminal checks)
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter
Go ahead and expect a lot - you deserve it.
- Competitive salaries, with potential for an annual raise and bonus
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Generous time away, including vacation and personal needs days
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Two annual wellness campaigns - participants earn up to $300 each year to spend on almost anything supporting health and work-life balance (think things like spa days, daycare, pet grooming)
- An unlimited employee referral bonus program
- Flexible work schedule
- Discounts on products and services
HOW TO APPLY
To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume and cover letter in one document. The posting will close at midnight on the deadline date; in order to successfully apply, please ensure your application is submitted by 11:59 p.m. the day before the deadline.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Overview: The purpose of the enforcement officer is to carry out routine foot patrols of University properties and taking appropriate action to ensure compliance with university parking policies. [...]
Overview: Term: 2 years Accountable for providing proactive, strategic, client focused comprehensive HR advice and support to all client groups in line with organizational policies, procedures a [...]
Overview: Term: 1 year Accountable to the Director of Advancement, Mathematics for corporate and individual fundraising on behalf of the Faculty of Mathematics and the University of Waterloo. Pr [...]
KITCHENER, ONTARIO, CANADA Description Thresholds Homes and Supports Inc. is a community-based agency that promotes recovery and improved quality of life for people who are experiencing mental h [...]