Manager, Planning and Forecasting
LOVE WHAT YOU DO
Work is a big part of our lives, so it makes sense to choose a company that offers truly rewarding work. At Economical Insurance®, your contributions, creativity, and energy won’t go to waste. Our passionate culture and pioneering mentality infuse everything we do, which is why our one-million-plus policyholders know we’ll protect their homes, businesses, farms, cars, and pets like they’re our own.
We’re not afraid to see how far we can push the envelope to make insurance better. Our family of companies includes Sonnet, the only Canadian home and auto insurer offering a fully online buying experience, and Petline, the largest Canadian pet insurance company.
We’re also preparing to become a publicly traded company, a once-in-a-lifetime career opportunity for everyone who joins our team.
If you’re looking for a company that takes care of its people - and its customers - and has a track record of doing big things, get ready to love it here.
What can you expect in this role?
Leading, coaching and supporting the Claims Planning and Forecasting Team are key functions for the Manager, Planning & Forecasting. This team is responsible for modelling all financial and operational plans and rolling forecasts for the claim’s operations of the company. This team also plays a critical role in modelling the costs/benefits of various operational initiatives and tracking the actual results. This role requires a very analytical mindset as a key responsibility will be analyzing and explaining variances from actuals to plan/forecast and identifying the key business drivers. The manager will be communicating with various levels of management and must be able to articulate results and analyses in a clear and concise manner. Establishing business partnerships with line of business leaders will be crucial to the success of this role.
- Supervise and manage the workload of the Claims Planning & Forecasting Team including developing, mentoring and coaching team members
- Managing the Overall Claims Planning & Forecasting Cycles
- Collaborating with Line of Business Leaders and Managing the modelling of business cases and tracking actual results
- Managing the preparation of various presentations and analyses to articulate the financial performance of the claims operation group
- Collaborating with the Claims Operational Analysis group to drive business performance initiatives and integrate third party data
- Oversee the analyzing of the financial documents provided and calculate claimant lost income
- Develop and automate key financial measures
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree required, ideally finance oriented
- 5 - 10 years progressive work experience, with at least 3 years in a managerial capacity
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation is required
- Previous management/people leadership experience and experience working in the insurance industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills are required for this role
- Ability to effectively collaborate
- Excellent time management and workload balancing skills are essential
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills are also key requirements
- This role with require excellent verbal and written communication skills
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including credit & criminal checks)
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot - you deserve it.
- Competitive salaries, with potential for an annual raise and bonus
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Generous time away, including vacation and personal needs days
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Two annual wellness campaigns - participants earn up to $300 each year to spend on almost anything supporting health and work-life balance (think things like spa days, daycare, pet grooming)
- An unlimited employee referral bonus program
- Flexible work schedule
- Discounts on products and services
HOW TO APPLY
To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume and cover letter in one document. The posting will close at midnight on the deadline date; in order to successfully apply, please ensure your application is submitted by 11:59 p.m. the day before the deadline.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
At Lowe’s Canada, over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference i [...]
Descartes (TSX:DSG) (Nasdaq:DSGX) is the global leader in providing on-demand, software-as-a-service solutions focused on improving the productivity, performance and security of logistics-intensive bu [...]
Built Heritage, Cultural Heritage Consultant - ( 2100009X ) Description Designing with community in mind, we are grounded in safety, quality, sustainability, and ethics. Our experts lead their field [...]
Contract Administrator - ( 210000M1 ) Description We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working with [...]