IRCA Broker Inquiries Analyst
LOVE WHAT YOU DO
Work is a big part of our lives, so it makes sense to choose a company that offers truly rewarding work. At Economical Insurance®, your contributions, creativity, and energy won’t go to waste. Our passionate culture and pioneering mentality infuse everything we do, which is why our one-million-plus policyholders know we’ll protect their homes, businesses, farms, cars, and pets like they’re our own.
We’re not afraid to see how far we can push the envelope to make insurance better. Our family of companies includes Sonnet, the only Canadian home and auto insurer offering a fully online buying experience, and Petline, the largest Canadian pet insurance company.
We’re also preparing to become a publicly traded company, a once-in-a-lifetime career opportunity for everyone who joins our team.
If you’re looking for a company that takes care of its people - and its customers - and has a track record of doing big things, get ready to love it here.
What can you expect in this role?
- Deliver superior customer service when assisting Brokers with inquiries pertaining to products and pricing, billing and payments
- Educate and provide guidance to incoming Broker calls on system navigation and workflow advice
- Communicate rationale relative to potential changes to risk selection, products and guidelines as well as premium dislocation
- Prepare and distribute coverage-based premium quotations and proposals to producers during a transition period
- Effectively collaborate towards best business decision with both our broker partners and our business units within Economical (i.e. Business Development, Customer Accounts, Regional Underwriting)
- Assist brokers with inquiries pertaining to products and pricing
- Handle incoming broker inquiries and requests for systems support and workflow advice
- Upon acknowledgment that an inquiry requires further escalation, the Analyst would document and refer to the appropriate Escalation team
- Determines whether to write/accept a particular risk and the appropriate pricing, coverage and contract provisions
- Orders and reviews third party reports (credit reports, MVR) and data for inclusion with submission, where necessary
What do you bring to the role?
- 1 years of Commercial Underwriting experience
- CIP designation, or a commitment to completing the CIP is required
- Strong customer service, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and negation skills Service focused with a positive helpful attitude
- Excellent communication and people skills. Strong listener with the ability to anticipate and understand the customer's needs. Successfully maneuvers difficult conversations with ease while exercising empathy, patience, professionalism and the use of positive language.
- Excellent degree of knowledge of Economical's IRCA insurance product and coverages. Full understanding of Economical's IRCA product manuals.
- A sound working knowledge of Guidewire.
- Goal oriented focus, persuasion skills, ability to communicate effectively under pressure
- Demonstrates accountability to provide resolution.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience working in a contact centre or shared service environment
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot - you deserve it.
- Competitive salaries, with potential for an annual raise and bonus
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Generous time away, including vacation and personal needs days
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Two annual wellness campaigns - participants earn up to $300 each year to spend on almost anything supporting health and work-life balance (think things like spa days, daycare, pet grooming)
- An unlimited employee referral bonus program
- Flexible work schedule
- Discounts on products and services
HOW TO APPLY
To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume and cover letter in one document.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Ability to safely operate various pieces of equipment, including Skid Steer and Front-End Loader to meet production targets Feed crusher and screening plants with loader in a safe and efficient man [...]
KITCHENER, ONTARIO, CANADA Description Thresholds Homes and Supports Inc. is a community-based agency that promotes recovery and improved quality of life for people who are experiencing mental h [...]
Work Setting Metal product fabrication industry Specific Skills Sort, pack, crate and package materials and products Perform other labouring and elemental activities Clean machines and [...]
Pinnacle Tree Care in Kitchener Waterloo is looking for an office assistant. Duties include answering multi-line phone, dealing with customer inquiries, managing receivables, Data entry, filing, etc. [...]