Barite Mud Services Inc..
Our Flotation Process Operators will support, and where required lead, critical functions related to Buchans barite plant operation by managing flotation circuits and contributing to in-house troubleshooting and training initiatives, especially those related to flotation issues and Occupational Health and Safety and Environment (OHSE).
Reporting to the COO your responsibilities will typically include:
· Delivery of consistent and stable results in terms of concentrate grades and recoveries in interaction with other team members
· Monitoring and controlling the Mill circuit to achieve maximum throughput and target grinds for Flotation feed
assessing and correcting internal key performance indicators to a flotation circuit
· Monitor process and fire water systems, immediately reporting any malfunctions that may affect production targets or personnel safety
· Monitor reagent delivery and addition systems and air systems
· Monitor concentrate thickener performance and make adjustments in consultation with the team
· Filling and ensuring accuracy of required log sheets
· Conduct thorough and accurate shift hand-overs
· Ensuring safe and adequate operation of equipment and supporting delivery of all Maintenance activities related to the flotation circuits and related processes
· Maintenance of high housekeeping and safety standards
· Actively maintaining communication with all departments
· Compliance to OHSE requirements and reporting/correcting defects and unsafe conditions.
Qualifications: · Must have minimum five (5) years Mill operating experience including Flotation
· Valid driver’s license (can be an L)
· Grade 12 diploma or equivalent preferred
· Must be capable of working at heights and in confined spaces
· Ability to perform tasks that require strength and stamina in extreme weather conditions
· A team player that works well with others
· Good oral and written communication skills
All BMSI employees must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test. Further, upon joining BMSI, you will be subject to testing in accordance with our Alcohol and Drug Policy.
All BMSI employees will be required to provide a clear Certificate of Conduct from the RCMP, within two weeks of employment.
BMSI is an equal opportunity employer and supports the hiring of local residents. We are equally committed to providing access to employment of qualified candidates to ensure an equitable and diversified workplace.
Reference ID: 2021-002
Contract length: 7 months
Application Deadline: 2021-04-16
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $30.00 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.