Liability Adjuster - contract - remote
Job Description Summary:
Why join ClaimsPro? We are proud of our people and it shows: • you will be part of a team of over 700 independent adjusters from 9 other provinces, 2 territories; • your career can grow into other lines of claims, branch management, across Canada into other branches, or new roles - the sky is the limit; • you will work on the industry-leading iAdjust software, designed by an adjuster for adjusters and kept modern with our in-house team of programmers and developers; • you will be supported by experienced local claims support, centralized after hours support,
and dictation services; • your claims load is driven by senior executives and business development staff from coast to coast; • you are compensated for your billable hours and other costs. Also included is a flex-benefit plan that allows you to customize the coverage that is right for you with the options for taxable and non-taxable health care spending; • you are working in parallel with other SCM Insurance services - RMS Risk Management, XPERA Risk Mitigation & Security, ESM Emergency Security Management, SCM Health Solutions, IPG International Programs Group, PARIO Engineering and Environmental Sciences, and OPTA Information Intelligence. • your continuous education fees are reimbursed to maintain your license; • your workload is balanced to ensure you can maintain a high quality level and manage your abeyance; Visit www.scm.ca or www.claimspro.ca to learn more
- This role is responsible for the investigation and adjusting of low to moderate general liability claims including bodily injury and slip and falls.
The successful candidate provides SCM standard quality service and facilitates prompt and equitable settlement of claims within the parameters of corporate policies and standards as well as initiates and follows-up on business development opportunities
Competencies required to succeed
- Effective analytical skills including identification of cause and effect dynamics.
- Proven investigative manner
- Ability to read and interpret policy coverage.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Able to draw valid conclusions and effectively communicate them
- Proactive and positive approach to customer service ensuring all inquiries are effectively dealt within a timely manner
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage conflicting priorities in an effective manner
- Investigate, negotiate and settle liability claims
- Direct field investigations as required for exposure and within account guidelines parameters.
- Make initial contact as per account guidelines.
- Report to client as per account guidelines.
- Identify liability exposures, recommend reserves, recommend investigation required for exposure, prepare action plans, and negotiate settlements
- Provide high level of customer service to clients and insured’s
Education, knowledge and experience required
- Must be working towards CIP, preference will be given to those with completed CIPs
- Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree or post-secondary education related to insurance
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Equivalency in combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Ongoing commitment to education and learning.
- Effective analytical skills, including identification of cause and effect dynamics
- Good investigative manner
- Able to draw valid conclusions and effectively communicate them.
- Ability to interpret complex documents of a legal nature, perform and understand advanced numerical calculations including analysis of comparative information.
- Adjuster’s license, or currently pursuing CIP designation
- Advanced communication skills including:
- Effective written skills including those of a technical nature
- Effective oral skills, including listening, interviewing, negotiating, must be able to flex style appropriate to audience.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage conflicting priorities in an effective manner.
- Proactive and positive approach to customer service ensuring that all inquiries are effectively dealt with in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills allowing you to effectively deal with conflict and difficult situations.
- Strong commitment to ongoing education and learning.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
We need a Finance Business Partner to join our team to act as a strategic partner to the Canadian IT CIO, promoting the development and successful execution of balanced value creation and cost saving [...]
Reesor's Farm Market and Pick Your Own farm has been in operation for 36 years in Markham. The successful candidate in this position will be self motivated and details oriented. The bookkeeper keeps r [...]
Chemistry technician Markham Regular MERIEUX NUTRISCIENCES Mérieux NutriSciences is a solution provider dedicated to preventing health risks related to food and to the use of everyday products [...]
Markham Regular MERIEUX NUTRISCIENCES Mérieux NutriSciences is a solution provider dedicated to preventing health risks related to food and to the use of everyday products. Offering a wide [...]