Super 8 by Wyndham Fort Nelson.
Holloway Lodging Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Clarke Inc. (TSX: CKI),is one of Canada’s largest lodging companies. Holloway operates and provides management services to 20 hotels under internationally recognized brands such as Holiday Inn®, Travelodge®, Super 8®, DoubleTree by Hilton®, Best Western®, Days Inn®, and Quality Inn and Suites ®. For more information, please visit our website at https://hlcorp.ca/
The Super 8 Fort Nelson is close to all of the natural beauty that British Columbia has to offer! This hotel is located near many provincial parks and the areas top attractions! The hotel has 142 rooms and suites and also offers a well-equipped fitness centre and a fully equipped business center.
Reporting to the Front Office Manager, the Front Desk Agent is responsible for greeting and registering guests while providing exceptional service.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate a positive and proactive attitude and be committed to providing exceptional guest care through use of initiative and empowered decision making.
- Check in/check out guests in a friendly and professional manner ensuring accuracy of all information/billing.
- Greet customers with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from the Property Management System (PMS).
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash make change and balance an assigned house bank.
- Promptly answer the switchboard using positive and clear communication.
- Perform all Guest Services and cashiering duties achieving accuracy and logical work sequence.
- Take reservations, understand and apply yield management principles and training.
- Send faxes, make photocopies, etc. as required by the guest ensuring correct charging for all business services.
- Respond to guest needs ensuring special requests handled appropriately with follow-up with guest or appropriate department.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of a two-year apprenticeship program, or a college program in front desk operations or hotel management is considered an asset.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
- Must have the ability to communicate in English.
- Always maintain a professional appearance and manner.
- Strong Administrative skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft office.
- Experience with Property Management Software and Point of Sales systems is an asset.
Thank you for your interest in Holloway Lodging Corporation. Only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are selected for an interview, please let us know of any accommodations that may be required in the interview process.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $15.20 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- On call
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Are you an experienced food services professional interested in making a difference in your community? Consider this unique opportunity with the Fort Frances Jail, where you will manage and operate th [...]
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent Start Date: As soon as possible Language: English Minimum Education: Diploma Positions Available: 1 NOC Group: Accommodation Service Managers (0632) NOC [...]
or equivalent experience Additional Skills Supervise staff Recruit and hire staff Perform front desk duties Conduct performance reviews Work Setting Hotel, motel, resort Specif [...]
Do you love airplanes? Are you a strong team member and enjoy the satisfaction of completing a task under tight deadlines? Is going above and beyond part of your DNA? Are you known for reliability and [...]