City of Ottawa.
Position: Team Lead, Live Info & Correspondence
Competition Number: 2021-EX-EN-53201435-01
Competition posting date: 2021.03.18
Competition closing date: 2021.03.31
Transportation Services Department, Transit Customer Systems & Planning Service, Customer Service
1 Full-time Continuous Position - 35 hours/week
Salary: (2019 rates of pay)
Standard Maximum $98,846.02
Advanced Maximum $106,260.70
Location: Transit Service, 1500 St.Laurent
Category: Current Opportunities
Employment Group: Transportation
The Team Lead is responsible to lead a small group of professional and technical staff in Customer and
Community Relations activities including management of social media, live service information, customer
alerts, correspondence and relations with Councillors' offices and is the City's chief technical specialist,
supervisor, mentor, and relationship manager for the group.
As the chief technical specialist, the Team Lead provides expert advice and project manages all Transit
programs, projects and services that fall within Customer and Community Relations, including the
development and delivery, technical accuracy and evaluation stages.
The job is responsible for establishing and maintaining positive client relationships with internal and external
management and leads teams in investigating complex customer service issues raised by members of the
public, directly to OC Transpo or through Councillors or the Mayor's office. The job will be responsible for
developing policies, procedures and tools and ensuring that the information communicated to the Mayor,
Councillors, customers, Transportation Services staff and the general public is consistent, effective, accurate
and up to date.
As the relationship manager, the Team Lead is responsible for establishing and maintaining strategic
partnerships and positive client relationships with internal and external management, Councillors' offices,
stakeholders and managing consultants/contractors/suppliers. The Team Lead provides strategic input to the
Program Manager regarding dissemination of information on key communications issues and resolution of
complex customer issues.
As leader and mentor, the Team Lead advocates for and demonstrates behaviours to their team members
that support principles of teamwork, respect, service excellence and professionalism. The Team Lead works
in a fast-paced unionized work environment that is customer focused and encourages performance
Education & Experience
4-year degree in communications, journalism or public relations, or related field
Minimum 5 years of experience in the field of communications, customer service, public relations, journalism,
marketing and/or media relations.
- Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for
stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check with the Police Services
detachment in their jurisdiction to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction. Police record checks completed by a
third-party company will not be accepted.
Designated – specific level of language proficiency:
French oral, reading required.
English oral, reading, writing required.
Candidates who do not meet language requirements will be required to participate in training.
- General knowledge of the City of Ottawa and of corporate and departmental policies and procedures
- Current trends and developments in the communications techniques, practices, electronic media, and
- Planning and development of strategic, consultative and communications strategies and plans
- Research, trend analysis and risk assessment
- Public consultation processes
- Working knowledge of corporate human resource policies, practices and collective agreements, and
Human resource and motivational techniques for managing in a unionized environment, including
employee recruitment, supervision, training, performance management, coaching/motivational,
team-building and conflict resolution, evaluation, discipline, dismissal, and the grievance procedure
- Effective use of rich media for communications
- Effective communication tactics and techniques using traditional and web-based channels
- Current trends in communications industry and techniques
- Communications strategies and risk management
- Engagement best practices
- Local and current events impacting Transit Services
- Microsoft Office suite and software such as the Adobe Creative Cloud
- Photography and videography
- Must be familiar with all applicable health and safety legislation, have knowledge of any potential or
actual danger to health or safety in the work place, and have knowledge of appropriate actions to be
taken in order to ensure the health and safety of staff in accordance with applicable legislation and City
policies and procedures
Competencies & Skills
The key competencies that describe the skills and behaviours expected to be demonstrated by managers
and supervisors at the City of Ottawa are available on Ozone. The seven Leadership Competencies, which
align with Servant Leadership, are:
- Strategic Leadership - Sets/implements the strategic direction, understands internal and external
trends, the political sensitivities of the organization and applies this knowledge to support the long-term
vision and success of the City
- Demonstrates Business Sense - Understands the impact of decisions on the business and the ability
to strive to improve business performance; requires an awareness of business issues, processes and
outcomes as they impact the community, the City's reputation and strategic direction
- Builds Collaborative Relationships - Proactively communicates, builds and utilizes professional
relationships and partnerships with all internal and external stakeholders
- Fosters Innovation and Change - Develops an environment that embraces innovation and efficiently
integrates change into the organization
- Engages Employees - Leads, coaches, mentors and develops an engaged, diverse workforce of
individuals and teams, where work is performed in a safe, respectful environment and successes are
recognized and celebrated regularly
- Delivers Results - Creates effective plans and performance measures, holds themselves and others
accountable for measurable, high quality, timely and cost-effective results
- Client-centric Focus - Serves the client interest through focusing individual, team and organization
effort on identifying and meeting key and diverse client needs (the term "client" includes both internal
and external clients)
If this opportunity matches your interest and profile please apply online by using the "Apply"
button. If this is your first online application please refer to our resources on how to apply for jobs online.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the selection process
will be contacted.
The City of Ottawa is committed to providing quality services by establishing a qualified workforce that
reflects the diverse population it serves. The City encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Accessible formats and communication supports are available upon request. Please contact the
HR Service Centre at (phone hidden), extension 47411.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Company: Canadian Tire Location: 1820 Merivale Road NEPEAN ON CA Posted Date: Apr 13, 2021 Closing Date: Apr 27, 2021 Education: Salary: 14.25 Per Hour Job Type: Part Time Description: Are [...]
Mercury Filmworks is currently seeking experienced Scene Assembler to join our team in Ottawa. Every animated scene starts with a plan, and we have a lot of plans to make. This is an excellent oppor [...]
We’re looking for an Underwriting Assistant in Commercial Auto to join our growing team! As an Underwriting Assistant, your work will have a big impact on organizing and administrating our underwri [...]
This is an independent contractor position - Six month contract The Helpdesk Analyst will be responsible for supporting internal users, troubleshooting network problems and assisting with the opera [...]