State & Main.
STATE & MAIN KITCHEN AND BAR
State & Main is an upscale, casual dining brand with locations across Canada. Our warm, energetic restaurants offer approachable elevated comfort foods, paired with craft cocktails and a broad range of wines. Our team shares a passion for delivering a quality experience to our guests. If you’re a hardworking, fun-loving person who enjoys the fast pace of the restaurant industry, we’d love to meet with you!
Our family of companies include Original Joe’s Restaurant & Bar, Elephant & Castle Pub and Restaurant, Anejo Restaurant and Blanco Cantina. We never stop looking for unique individuals who can infuse our restaurant and corporate workplaces with original ideas, creative solutions,
and an extraordinary guest experience. We offer competitive wages, a comfortable work environment, flexible hours, benefit packages (for those who qualify) and a chance to grow right alongside us. By joining State & Main your future career opportunities are endless!
Host / Hostess
What You’ll Do:
You will report to the FOH Manager (although this may vary from time to time depending who is on shift). You will:
- Have an upbeat attitude - always ready to genuinely greet guests when they walk through the door
- Manage a guest wait list during high revenue times with the ability to accurately recognise wait times, to communicate regularly with guests and to accommodate requests to the best of your ability
- Proactively assist servers with table maintenance, running food, side duties, bussing tables, assisting to take payments, etc.
- Continuously communicate with Servers and Managers regarding additions or changes to their sections, guest concerns and guest requests
- Take the time to effectively learn and memorize new menu items and procedures
- Work each shift with a safety mindset. Be proactive in regards front of the house and back of the house safety (food safety, potential hazards for employees or guests)
- Live our core values during every shift: Taking Care of People
Who You Are:
- You are a genuine, charming, vibrant and team-oriented individual
- You might have previous experience in the customer service or restaurant industry. We will consider the right person, with the right attitude who can back-up their abilities through previous work, or involvement in teams (school, work or sports)
- You pride yourself on your customer service skills, your ability to make people feel at home, your reliability, and your ability to keep upbeat even during the busiest shifts
- You are solution focused and resourceful – you think on your feet effectively to find resolutions to situations
- You are able to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks without skipping a beat
- You are a great communicator
- You are easily coachable and see feedback as an opportunity to keep improving your skills and abilities
- You might have future aspirations to be employed as Store Management or in our Corporate team
Visit us online at http://www.stateandmain.ca/ and apply online!
Location: #470 - 7 Mahogany Plaza SE, Calgary, AB T3M 2P8
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
We are a tutoring agency that has been operating across the city of Calgary for 19 years, and we are looking to grow our talent base! We offer flexible scheduling, competitive pay, and most importantl [...]
Are you looking for a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment? As one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, we are a driven organization that is looking for team-oriented Warehouse Operators to join our [...]
Your Opportunity: Description: The APL Quality Department is a provincial department with members located across the province and as such your work location is negotiable. You're a detail-oriented [...]
Your Opportunity: Description: As a Maintenance Worker II, you may perform routine preventative and demand maintenance activities within the exterior and interior of the building. Under general sup [...]