BeMo Academic Consulting Inc.
Content Writer - Full-time, Remote
Application Deadline: February 28th @ 11:59 PM EST
Important Note: Applications sent over LinkedIn will be automatically disqualified. Please submit your application according to the procedures highlighted below.
**This opportunity is for individuals located in Canada only**
BeMo has an immediate need for a talented & experienced Content Writer with excellent verbal communication and writing skills. As a talented and creative member of the BeMo content team, the Content Writer will work to develop and deliver engaging written content that will help establish BeMo Academic Consulting as an industry leader.
Your work will help tell the BeMo story as it relates to post-graduate education, admissions processes, standardized testing, as well as building brand awareness and sharing student success stories.
Are You the Needle in a Haystack?
Would you like to contribute to our mission of helping students achieve their academic and career goals?
Would you like to help us promote diversity so that everyone has an equal chance at higher education regardless of racial, cultural, or socioeconomic background?
Would you like to be part of a team that is shaping the future of admissions?
If you answered "yes", here’s a little bit about us:
You've probably never worked with anyone like us before. We're a dynamic team of practicing professionals, researchers, and scholars, with a passion to help students reach their academic and career goals. We often go above and beyond to deliver the best possible services we can to our students. We make sure we are highly knowledgeable about the ever-changing landscape of admissions by studying and researching admissions trends. We take our own medicine, and we are constantly training to keep our individual performance and the performance of our company exceptional.
We put the interests of BeMo above our own. We take our role very seriously and contribute to our company on a consistent basis. When things need to get done, we don't care what time of the day or day of the week it is, we get the job done. We know how to manage our time and fulfill competing demands. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our services and its impact and we are not afraid to share our ideas and collaborate with our team members. We put our company and our missions first. This is not a "job" to us. This is a calling. Our passion for mentoring our students and making admissions fair and scientifically sound is what gets us up in the morning. Importantly, we understand that our company is only as great as its individual members. That's how we have become a leading academic consulting firm and that's why we are extremely selective about our team and only pick the very best to join us and we do everything we can to support them.
We want to foster an environment where we drive team members to succeed within their role and believe in the mission and values of BeMo.
If you are resistant to coaching because you believe you already know everything, if you are seeking a side job just to make a few bucks or to add another entry to your resume, if you normally don't pay much attention to detail, or if you are looking for a short-term gig with little impact and growth, then we're probably not right for you.
If you are extremely detail oriented, obsessed with delivering only the best service, have outstanding written and verbal communications skills, willing to learn more and implement new strategies, love to be a part of a team to change the future of admissions, think working long hours and on the weekends is totally cool sometimes to hit objectives when required, and looking for a long-term mission with significant impact on society, then you need to apply. Now.
Watch Our CEO's TEDx Talk to Find Out Why We Created BeMo:
What We Offer:
- Freedom to work from anywhere around the world. You never have to go to the "office".
- Freedom to choose your hours. We focus on results, not the hours or arbitrary 9 to 5.
- Opportunity of stocks/shares in our fast growing company for exceptional team members that embody our core values.
- Opportunity for growth, independent project development, and career advancement.
- Make a huge difference in the lives of aspiring future professionals and contribute to our outstanding success rate.
- Be a part of our fast growing, innovative and leading EdTech mission.
- Comprehensive health, dental, and disability insurance benefits for full-time team members.
- Generous self-directed vacation policy for full-time team members.
- $1,000 yearly personal and professional development fund for full-time team members.
- Quarterly team dinners and fun events.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create professionally written and designed content for the BeMoAcademicConsulting.com website including blog posts, sourcing images, and directing the creation of infographics.
- Update current site content based on any new data, current industry trends, SEO opportunities, and website analytics.
- Distribute new content with BeMo's social media accounts.
- Quickly scale the website organic traffic by 10X using top caliber content.
- Write and update numerous original, professionally curated blog posts each week.
- Deep expertise in creating professional written content.
- Minimum 3 years of paid blog writing experience.
- Must be able to work with us full-time.
- Unsure whether you meet our requirements? View our latest blogs to determine if you are qualified to take on this role. If you can create content that is at the same level or above, please apply! (See BeMo.Blog).
Traits of Successful Applicants:
- Must be looking for a long-term role and not looking for a "stepping stone" short-term gig.
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized.
- Extremely humble and eager to learn.
- Tech savvy.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to plan in advance and anticipate any possible setbacks.
- Excellent verbal communications and writing skills.
- Ability to act independently with very little supervision and have a great work ethic.
- Managerial attitude taking full responsibility for assigned roles.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Must have access to a quiet private room with a door that's noise and distraction free.
- Must have access to an ergonomic chair and desk.
- Must have access to high speed and reliable Internet with minimum download speed of 10 Mbps.
- Adaptable to a continuously changing environment in a fast-growing company.
Our Hiring Process:
Our hiring process includes a review of your application, a skills assessment test, a virtual interview and lastly, a face-to-face interview with select members of our team via video conference, followed finally by reference calls.
How to Apply:
Simple. Send us the following 5 items to careers [at] bemoacademicconsulting.com:
1) Which one of BeMo's core values resonate with you the most and why?
2) Indicate where you are located in Canada.
3) Cover letter indicating why you would like to join our team along with your resume.
4) Indicate how many years of paid job experience you have in blog writing.
5) Please provide attachments or links to existing samples of your writing.
Please quote job #24195 on the subject line of your email.
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applicants, but if we feel that you’re a strong match, we will be in touch via email to proceed with your application. Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you!
BeMo is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
BeMo is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Show moreShow less
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
SCOPE OF THE JOB: The Evergreen Content Writer will produce unique content throughout the network for Catena that pertains to SEO and revenue functions. YOUR CHALLENGE: - The evergreen content [...]
SCOPE OF THE JOB: The lead writer for Canada will create news pieces and page content as it relates to the state’s gaming industry, with an emphasis on sports betting. The writer will be responsibl [...]
SCOPE OF THE JOB: The Evergreen Content Writer will produce unique content throughout the network for Catena that pertains to SEO and revenue functions. YOUR CHALLENGE: The evergreen content w [...]
Who we are: We’re a women-owned startup and our baby & toddler classes are unlike anything else currently offered in Canada. Lullaland is Winnipeg’s FIRST ever sensory class, creating fun advent [...]