Prairie Mountain Health
- Grade 12 Education (Manitoba Standards)
- Successful completion of a recognized therapeutic recreation/activity programming certificate
- Current Food Handler Training Certificate Level 1 or willing to obtain within six (6) months
- Two (2) years recent relevant experience working directly with clients in a health care environment
- Experience working with the elderly, physically and/or cognitively disabled
- Province of Manitoba Class 5 Drivers License
- Proficiency with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint), as well as Internet applications and other Information Technology
- Demonstrated organizational skills, and the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Demonstrated flexibility to facilitate changes in techniques and procedures
- Ability to display independent judgment
- Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population
- Ability to respect and promote confidentiality
- Ability to perform the duties of the position on a regular basis
The recreation staff provide recreation programs focused on promoting the health and wellness (physical and mental) of the clients within the sites of Prairie Mountain Health. The recreation workers work collaboratively and independently to provide services to the clients in partnership with clients, families and interdisciplinary team members in alignment with PMH vision, mission and values.
Plans, organizes and implements activity & recreation programs for clients and participants.
Utilizes the regional assessment tools for initial and ongoing assessment of clients.
Develops and documents individualized plans based on assessments.
Analyzes, interprets and documents results of assessments.
Communicates information with interdisciplinary team members regarding client’s progress and revise care plan as required.
Develops and implements creative activities for individuals and groups based on client interests, needs and wishes.
Engages with and work with external partners as appropriate for the development of activities/recreational events.
Ensures activity/recreational events that clients participate in are client focused related to the physical and mental wellbeing of the client.
Ensures that diagnosed or medical restrictions are followed during the activity/recreation event.
Participates in the development of the monthly recreation/activity calendar.
Estimates, obtains and adapts space, equipment and supplies necessary to conduct scheduled activities.
Attends and participates in the multi-disciplinary care conferences.
Completes appropriate records/documentation including statistics as required.
Other duties as assigned.
This position is subject to a Criminal Records Check (including vulnerable sector), Adult Abuse Registry Check, and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any services charges incurred.
If you are currently employed by PMH, please utilize the internal application form. If you are not employed by PMH, please utilize the external application form.
In order to be considered for the position, both internal and external applicants must submit a current resume with their application form.
If you are an external applicant, please include three work related references with this application. They must be from persons who are not related to you, and who have direct knowledge of your past work performance.
Upon being considered for employment, your signature or electronic submission of this application is your authorization to complete said reference checks.
PMH has an Aboriginal Human Resources initiative and is committed to increasing the representation of Aboriginal people within all levels of our workforce. Aboriginal applicants are encouraged to voluntarily self identify as being of Aboriginal descent in their cover letter and/or within their application form.
We thank all applicants that apply but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS FOR ALL
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Located, near Riding Mountain National Park, Elkhorn Resort Spa & Conference Centre is a great place to nurture your career! We’ve got a fantastic team environment, offer great benefits, staff disco [...]
QUALIFICATIONS - Health Care Aide Certificate from a recognized program - Other combinations of education and experience may be considered - Demonstrated organizational skills, and the abil [...]
QUALIFICATIONS - Health Care Aide Certificate from a recognized Health Care Aide Program - Other combinations of suitable education and experience may be considered - Province of Manitoba C [...]