Hamilton Health Sciences
1. Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nursing of Ontario as a Registered Nurse
2. Recent experience (within 2 years) with a rehabilitation, medical, or geriatric patients population
3. Demonstrated knowledge of Rehabilitation nursing
4. Knowledge of outcome measurement, eg. Functional Independence Measure
5. Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills
6. Familiar with a Primary Nursing model of care
7. Demonstrated commitment to interdisciplinary care and a nursing professional practice model
Guidelines for submitting an Application ~ UNION staff, who choose to submit their application through hard-copy mail, fax or email will need to have their application (ONA & OPSEU:
with accompanying skills profile) available to the Recruitment Staff before 4 p.m. on the day the posting closes (day-7). ALL JOB SEEKERS, including UNION staff, who use the Career's Website to apply for job postings will have until 11 p.m. on the day the posting closes (day-7). ***INTERNAL JOB SEEKERS - Please ensure that both your ID# and last name are entered exactly as you see it on your most recent pay stub, otherwise you will be treated as an external candidate.***
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact Human Resources Operations at (phone hidden), Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
1. Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario. 2. Current BCLS/ACLS certification (may be subject to provide proof). 3. Recent, within 2 years, nursing experience in [...]
1. Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse 2. Bachelor of Science in Nursing 3. Minimum of 2 years recent nursing experience (within the l [...]
Ward C3 is an active inpatient oncology facility providing a continuum of care for adults with solid tumor malignancies. The Unit is comprised of diverse services including: surgical, medical, radiati [...]
The Community and Population Health Services portfolio supports the advancement of integrated health and social services in hospital and into the community. The Program is responsible for the developm [...]