City of Toronto
Job ID: 14465
Job Category: Information & Technology
Division & Section: Shelter, Support and Housing Administration, SSHA I&T;
Work Location: Metro Hall, 55 John Street
Job Type & Duration: Full-Time, Temporary (Approximately 12 Months)
Hourly Rate and Wage Grade: $46.38 - $50.82 per hour, Wage Grade 15
Shift Information: Monday - Friday, 35 hours per week
Affiliation: L79 Full-time
Number of Positions Open: 1
Posting Period: 02-Feb-2021 - 16-Feb-2021
Reporting to the Senior Systems Integrator, this Systems Integrator 1 will provide expert advice to clients in addressing their needs in solution development and sustainment. This role will prepare the project plans,
charter, statements of work, and identify risks and mitigation action plans and may lead/coordinate the team in the delivery of projects.
Your primary responsibilities as Systems Integrator 1 will be varied. Specifically, you will:
- Liaise and coordinate with internal and external groups on accomplishment of deliverables
- Prepare and present status report and variance explanation for projects or work packages
- Prepare findings and “Lessons Learned” from post-implementation project reviews
- Assess, analyze, evaluate and recommend process and policy alternatives for projects and work packages
- Redesign business principles, processes, policies and standards by recommending best practices and improvements to current processes
- Determine business requirements, including functional requirements, and build consensus amongst clients
- Prepare Business Plans, Impact Assessments, Gap Analysis, Logical Data Models and Design documents for proposed solutions that leverage information and technology
- Provide input to Data Management teams on transformation of clients’ business requirements
- Recommend improvements to current methodology, process, standards and policies
- Create and maintain computer application software
- Assist staff in understanding business processes and logic
- Liaise with staff in the development of test strategy, test cases and test scripts for system, performance, usability and acceptance testing of system solutions developed
- Lead team to draft implementation and rollout strategies and plans
- Conduct walk-through of deliverables to identify potential problems
- Prepare training material and documentation, and conduct training for clients and their staff
- Collaborate with clients on “Go / No Go” cut-over decisions, e.g., rollouts
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
1. Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. Considerable development and sustainment experience in large-scale IT solutions.
4. Experience using Java frameworks e.g. Spring.
5. Experience using Maven, WebSphere Application Server (WAS), Tomcat or equivalent.
6. Considerable experience using SQL and Oracle PL/SQL coding techniques to extract information, trends, insights and metrics from data stored in the database.
7. Experience writing solution architecture documentation, using structured systems analysis and design techniques, systems development methodologies e.g. Agile.
You must also have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication, problem-solving, leadership, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service orientation along with a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective stakeholder relationships.
- Advanced time management and estimation capabilities and ability to perform concurrently multiple tasks and projects.
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies and skills to evaluate and recommend new technology for introduction into a complex technical environment.
- Ability to develop project plans, projections and cost/benefit analysis of proposed solutions.
- Ability to develop, maintain and execute both test plans and disaster recovery plans.
- Ability to elicit, drive and/or develop solution requirements to ensure that business needs and requirements have been adequately defined and/or the root cause of the problem accurately stated.
- Ability to develop technology standards, techniques and product specifications.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member, collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment and independently, as required.
- Ability to be on-call to support production systems.
- Ability to travel across various office locations within the City of Toronto, as required.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including days, afternoons, nights and weekends, as required.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
We are looking for an energetic assembler / packager who is comfortable with iPads for our packaging position in Oakville. Our bright, clean warehouse is located on a bus route. The staff is friendly [...]
Do you thrive in a fast paced high volume environment? Are you looking to gain experience wtihin a large bank? Do you have previous experience with processing or processing payouts? If so, this may be [...]
Our client in Mississauga is hiring a part time warehouse worker. -this is a LONG term position (serious inquiries only) -pay is $15 per hour -shift will be around 11am-4pm -hours will increase as cov [...]
Introduction It’s time to think differently. It’s time to think beyond the door. Develop your career, get acknowledged for your efforts and work with dedicated people who love what they do in one [...]