City of Toronto
Job ID: 14674
Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Purchasing
Division & Section: Corporate Real Estate Management, Business Management
Work Location: Metro Hall, 55 John Street
Job Type & Duration: 1 Permanent, 1 Temporary (12 months in duration)
Salary: $88,979.80 to $104,540.80
Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 Hours Per Week
Number of Positions Open: 2
Posting Period: 01-FEB-2021 to 15-FEB-2021
This is an opportunity to advance your career and join a team of diverse and dynamic facility and project management professionals, as the City of Toronto's Corporate Real Estate Management (CREM) Division is striving towards becoming a leader within the industry.
With a business goal of evolving into a first-class, full-service division that provides proactive customer service, strategic facilities management and an organized and consistent approach to construction project delivery, CREM is driving change to our culture, business and technology.
Our people are at the heart of our transformation into a strategically aligned operational structure equipped to serve customer needs today and into the future. We are emerging as a thought leader and the place to be!
About the Role:
We are looking for a Coordinator, Vendor Management (Vendor Manager) that will oversee multiple vendor relationships as the main point of contact, and manage the day-to-day operational work, associated projects, and instituting operational metrics.
This engaging role offers the opportunity to enjoy a wide array of City of Toronto Employee Benefits, subject to eligibility. Working arrangements will include a blend of in-person collaboration and working from home. We take learning and development seriously. As a member of our team, you will have access to training opportunities and be able to utilize the latest tools and techniques while working alongside highly talented and experienced professionals. You will be coached and provided with opportunities to further develop your leadership and technical abilities.
If you are an enthusiastic and customer service-driven professional, adaptable to change and willing to contribute, we are looking for you!
What will you do?
Reporting to the Manager, Facilities Business Operations, Corporate Services, you’ll develop, formalize, implement and establish a vendor management system and program that will demonstrate vendor performance / contract award for the Facilities Management Office. A collaborative leader, you’ll work with Facilities Management staff (including the Project Management Office) to ensure that vendor performance scorecards are implemented for all programs and kept up-to-date, and work with CREM leaders to generate monthly, quarterly and annual reports and dashboards against KPIs.
Skilled in identifying best practices, and establishing KPIs and opportunities for improvements in service delivery, you’ll define business improvement initiatives in consultation with clients and key stakeholders, and determine the focus, scope, objectives, methodology, activities and timing. You’ll also develop metrics for suppliers and use these metrics to monitor and evaluate supplier services, as well as facilitate the maintenance and reporting of benchmarks and performance metrics across the CREM Division.
Your drive for quality results will see you evaluating suppliers on the basis of quality, pricing and timely delivery of services, maintaining and reviewing documentation such as records of purchase items, costs, deliveries and inventories, and coordinating with the Quality Assurance group on outcomes and findings of potential risks, and in developing solutions for improved outcomes. You’ll also be expected to make recommendations to the manager and director to support management functions and improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery.
As Coordinator Vendor Management (Vendor Manager), you’ll be considered a valued source of technical advice and expertise, and, as such, identify and apply industry best practices pertaining to vendor and contract management, and develop and implement strategies based on key performance indicators to improve supplier performance, service delivery and customer satisfaction, while reducing service costs.
What do you need to succeed?
1. Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Purchasing, Facilities Management or a relevant field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Considerable experience managing vendors and contracts in a large public or private sector organization.
3. Considerable experience completing the strategic sourcing of facilities management/building service contracts in a corporate real estate environment.
4. Considerable experience resolving vendor disputes and non-conformance, and facilitating legal contract negotiations.
5. Considerable experience with a variety of software packages, including MS Office (e.g. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint,) and ERP systems such as SAP, ORACLE, etc.
6. Considerable experience conducting detailed facilities management services research or analysis, and preparing reports, briefing notes and fact sheets.
7. Knowledge and understanding of construction and maintenance practices and terminology of building structures, life safety and mechanical systems.
8. Analytical skills in managing, maintaining, assessing and reviewing data, standards and services to identify best practices, and establish KPIs and opportunities for improvements in service delivery.
9. Advanced problem-solving, conflict resolution, time management and prioritization skills, including planning, organizing and coordinating projects and assigned tasks.
10. Strong customer focus and the ability to foster and maintain effective stakeholder relationships, utilizing initiative to devise innovative, best practices, customer service solutions.
11. Highly developed communication (verbal, written and presentation), negotiation and interpersonal skills and the ability to work cooperatively in an interdisciplinary team or independently.
12. Ability to write and present complex information to a variety of audiences.
13. Ability to support the Toronto Public Service values to ensure a culture that champions equity, diversity and respectful workplaces.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Project Coordinator On behalf of our client in the Government Services Sector, PROCOM is looking for a Project Coordinator. Project Coordinator - Job Description - Work closely with the subject m [...]
Job Title Coordinator, Security Operations Job Description Summary Coordinator, Security Operations reports directly to the Security Manger and assists Manger with all Security and Life Sa [...]
Business Unit: Global Sourcing & Corporate Services Job Description: The Facilities/Office Coordinator will work in a team to support all aspects of national office administration and managemen [...]
Business Unit: Global Sourcing & Corporate Services Job Description: The Facilities/Office Coordinator will work in a team to support all aspects of national office administration and manageme [...]