Canada Pension Plan Investment Board
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $450 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $1.5 trillion in the next two decades. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments,
and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments’ important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic Senior Associate/Manager to support the Enterprise Resilience team’s mission to provide the organization with the ability and capacity to withstand material disruptions and adapt to new environments. This role will report to the Senior Manager, Enterprise Risk Management and have the opportunity to work with colleagues across CPP Investments.
As a key member of a multi-functional Enterprise Resilience team, the Senior Associate/Manager will support the team’s analysis of operational risks with particular focus on assessing risk horizontally across risk pillars.
- Play a key role on Enterprise Resilience’s Fusion Team, conducting research and scenario analysis, and providing recommendations on a range of diverse topics including emerging operational risks during BAU and in crisis
- Play a key role in the development of metrics and new reports/dashboards to ensure reporting continues to be informative and impactful, and investigation of the use of new technology and tools such as AI and advanced data analytics to support operational risk management
- Generate and articulate operational risk findings and recommendations to key stakeholders, both written and verbally, including the development of reports, memos and presentations with charts, tables and other visuals. Play a role in leadership team meetings, including: development of pre-read material, presentation material and speakers notes
- Perform risk assessments of strategic initiatives and projects that impact the organizational broadly
- Contribute to and provide thought leadership and opinions that innovate and improve on processes and projects.
- Collaborate with groups across Investment Departments and Core Services on various enterprise risk management initiatives, and build and leverage relationships with external peers to benchmark and inform best practice at CPP Investments.
- Provide direct leadership of a team when augmented with additional capacity during crisis
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance, Economics or other related discipline
- Professional designation such as a CPA or CFA or Masters Degree such as MBA
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience in operations or risk management (experience in investment management, pension fund or financial services industry, and exposure to enterprise and/or operational risk management is preferred)
- Working knowledge of data analysis methodologies and tools
- Methodical research skills
- Strong operational risk background with diverse interests
- Quantitative fundamentals with a focus on application
- Ability to work efficiently with various groups
- Advanced MS Office and Tableau skills highly valued
- Outstanding writing ability and analytical skills
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to proactively build and foster professional relationships
- Enjoys working in a high demand environment, is flexible and constantly strives to innovate
- Strong organizational and project management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Proven ability to work independently as well as to perform effectively in a team oriented environment
- Exemplifies our Guiding Principles of integrity, partnership and high performance
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on Linkedin. #LI-POST
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
MANAGER, INSIGHTS SHOPPER EXPERIENCE - ICP The Shopper Insights Manager will have the responsibility for leading the Tissue division in understanding the category shopper and retailer shopper land [...]
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity. Mission Statement The Salvation [...]
Requisition ID: 98260 Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose of Job The Assistant, Investment Specialist will be responsible for working with an I [...]
Sessional Lecturer ANT203H5S - Biological Anthropology: Primatology and Palaeoanthropology (SCI) Course Description: Biological anthropology deals with the diversity and evolution of human bein [...]