City of Mississauga
Req ID: 13783
Vacancy Type: Seasonal
Number of Positions: 10
Closing Date: 02/21/2021
The successful candidate is required to maintain a safe environment at City Wading Pools and provide helpful and friendly service to all users.
Please note: Due to the uncertainty we are facing regarding the COVID-19 pandemic and the City's programming restrictions, the recruitment of these positions is dependent on available vacancies and business needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain cleanliness of the Celebration Square Water Feature and surrounding deck apron.
- Maintain a safe environment for facility users.
- Complete opening and closing checks of the Celebration Square Water Feature.
- Record daily attendance of daily users.
- Record water chemistry levels, when required.
- Understand City programs and provide information to customers in a professional manner.
- Attend and participate in required staff meetings/trainings.
- Perform First Aid is required.
- Completes accident/incident forms as well as follow up calls as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- The successful candidate must possess a valid Standard First Aid & CPR C certification (from one of the following: Lifesaving Society, Canadian Red Cross Society, St. John's Ambulance or the Canadian Ski Patrol) by April 17, 2021. The award must be current during the employment period.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Must always be attentive to situations that may arise.
- Wading pool environment (outdoors).
- Level 3 - Vulnerable Sector Check will be required of the successful candidate, as a condition of employment, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
Hourly Rate/Salary: $15.01 - $16.69
Hours of Work: up to 24
Work Location: Celebration Square - 300 City Centre Drive
Department/Division/Section: CMS/Community Services Dept , CMS/Parks, Forestry & Environment , Parks Operations
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can also check your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Day Shift - Monday to Friday; 7:00am – 5:15pm Evening Shift – Monday to Friday; 5:15pm to 2:15am Requested skills : - Ability to read and write in English is an asset - Secondary School co [...]
About the Voith Group The Voith Group is a global technology company. With its broad portfolio of systems, products, services and digital applications, Voith sets standards in the markets of energy, [...]
Hot job opening, fresh out of the Oven! We are happy that you are interested in joining the Domino’s team! We are seeking motivated, hardworking individuals with a bright attitude that love to s [...]
Operating Systems and Software - Google Docs Business Equipment and Computer Applications - MS Excel - MS PowerPoint - MS Windows - MS Word - Database software - Quick Books - MS Of [...]