Connect with us LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
Thinking about a change?
We recognize that the construction industry is changing at a rapid pace and we continually strive to be at the forefront. Our core values empower people to deliver great careers to one another and develop creative solutions for complex problems on some of the most exciting projects. It doesn’t matter what your expertise and craft is – there are no boundaries. We are a group of professionals with a variety of expertise within pre-construction, construction, and post-construction. To learn more, check out our Cradle to Grave services and hear from our team directly about what a career at EllisDon could look like for you. As you can see,
we are a diverse bunch.
Above all, we are a group of individuals with unique experiences and at EllisDon, we choose to celebrate the strength in our differences, every day. EllisDon’s commitment to Inclusive Diversity is to work together to create an environment where every employee feels safe to be their true and authentic self. Ultimately, EllisDon’s purpose is to provide people with similar values the opportunity to achieve to their full potential; to deliver that opportunity for great careers to one another; and to contribute meaningfully to the community we share with others.
In case you’re curious, here’s what the industry thinks of us and some of the impacts we've made to the communities we work in.
In the position of an Earthworks Field Coordinator we would ask you to do the following:
- Perform layout work competently, accurately and efficiently, using GPS & conventional methods as well as Civil 3d.
- Provide technical engineering information and interpretation of plans, detail sheets and specifications for contractors.
- Report accurate quantities for labour cost reports and accurately monitor material ledgers to ensure quantities in estimate are sufficient to complete the project.
- Ensure construction work complies with all engineering standards, codes, specifications and design instruction.
- Interface with all on-site departments as required to resolve problems and ensure quality construction, to support overall project schedule. This will involve driving on site around heavy equipment on a regular basis.
- Work in conjunction with a Field Superintendent(s) to ensure assigned Field Work Tasks are completed in a safe and efficient manner that meets contract requirement.
Required educational background and experience:
- You have a construction related degree/diploma and three to five years of construction experience or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience
- Must have experience with heavy civil earthwork, project controls, estimating, cost engineering, scheduling and construction management.
- Knowledge of deep storm utilities installation, safe excavations & shoring, dewatering, horizontal drilling. Basic understanding of heavy civil process' and the desire to learn more
- Prior surveying experience is considered an asset, with an understanding of topographic & layout.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team. Strong organizational and time management skills, as well as thorough attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
EllisDon is proud to provide this unique career opportunity that provides continuous learning, opportunity for growth, and a competitive compensation package within an environment that is committed to inclusion and respects diversity.
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of any age, culture, subculture, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nationality, ethnicity, race, size, mental or physical status, veteran status, religion, language, political opinion, working-style preference, family status, education, and socio-economic status. The EllisDon core values of Integrity and Mutual Respect welcomes everyone, at work and in the community, and our value of Mutual Accountability, means that we all have a role to play. As an EllisDon employee, this will ultimately be your commitment to Inclusive Diversity.
Accommodation for Applicants with disabilities will be made during the recruitment process when requested.
We are committed to providing a positive candidate experience and ensuring timely updates are provided to all candidates. If you haven’t already, be sure to create a profile on our Careers page here to remain up to date on the status of your application and learn about new career opportunities as they arise.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Calgary based Sales/ Service/ Install company since 2002 specializing in residential and commercial air and water filtration. We are now looking to fill 8-10 F/T and P/T positions immediately. We are [...]
March 08, 2021 Employee Type: Regular-Full time Union/Non: This is a non-union position Are you looking to join a team where you can participate in the strategic design, implementation, mana [...]
Job Description Looking for an individual to work three days a week including Saturdays for 4 hours with the possibility of leading to full-time employment. Duties include: - Assisting with the bu [...]
Business Equipment and Computer Applications - MS Excel - MS Office Specific Skills - Type and proofread correspondence, forms and other documents - Schedule and confirm appointments - Gr [...]