Newmont Goldcorp Canada
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P; 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Logistics Supervisor is part of Mining Operations, more specifically the Mining Logistics Department,
and reports directly to the Mining Logistics Coordinator. He/she is responsible for supervising the Mining Logistics team.
- Supervision of workers of the Mining Logistics Department (hoist operators, deckmen, cagemen).
- Control and monitoring of mining logistics systems in the control room. (Pumping system, seismic system, ventilation on request, paste backfilling, blasting and evacuation of gases, dispatching).
- Application of emergency measures.
- Coordination of backfilling work (installation and removal of lines, elbow diversions, etc…).
- Coordination of underground routing of material.
- Production of daily and weekly reports.
- Support for the Production and Development teams.
- Participating in implementation of new technology and continuous improvement projects.
- Conducting field visits to ensure workplace safety.
- Respecting, knowing and promoting company regulations and policies, particularly
- regarding health and safety,
- All tasks related to his/her duties.
- Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days of rest alternating on day and night shifts.
- Mining Techniques or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years' experience in an underground mine.
- Previous experience in personnel management (an advantage).
- Computer skills and knowledge of the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage personnel
- Ability to manage an emergency situation
- Organizational and prioritization skills
- Good problem-solving ability
- Good adaptability to change
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Teamwork in a multicultural environment
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company's Web site at www.newmont.com no later than February 19th, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Responsabilités et tâches Dotation · Comprendre les besoins des gestionnaires; · Élaborer et mettre à jour les descriptions de poste en collaboration avec les gestionnaires de l’entrepr [...]
Position Summary...To conducts internal (associate) and external (customer) investigations related to financial & Physical loss and support the greater Loss Prevention team and its strategy.What you'l [...]
Fonctions principales : Relevant du Directeur de projets, le Chargé de projets prend en charge l’exécution de projets dans les secteurs des travaux de génie civil et d’asphalte en respectant l [...]
OBJECTIFS DE L’EMPLOI Le spécialiste des services techniques est responsable de promouvoir et de vendre des produits technologiques et des services techniques, exécuter à la fois en succursale [...]