Hamilton Health Sciences
1. Graduate of community college secretarial or office administration program or equivalent or equivalent office experience
2. Medical Terminology Certificate 1 and 2 or demonstrated knowledge equivalent to the Medical Terminology Certificate 1 and 2 acquired in a different Business Clerk position, which may be subject to testing
3. Demonstrated keyboarding skills at 40 wpm
4. Demonstrated knowledge and skill in using computer
5. Demonstrated mathematical skills related to payroll, budget and statistical documents
6. Demonstrated ability to sit for long periods, repetitive reaching, repetitive bending
7. Demonstrated effective communication (verbal and written), interpersonal,
public relations and problem-solving skills
8. Ability to set priorities and organize work accordingly
9. Demonstrated ability to deal with various hospital departments effectively and collaboratively
10. Demonstrated ability to appreciate the confidential nature of the position
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact Human Resources Operations at (phone hidden), Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Requisition ID: 146502 Career Group: Store Careers Job Category: Discount Operations Travel Requirements: Part Time or Full Time: Full Time Country: Canada (CA) Province: Ontario (CA-ON) City: [...]
Job Number: 86773 Job: Administrative/Service Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton This position will be located at: McMaster University Medical Centre Organization: OBGYN & LD Status: Ca [...]
Requisition ID: 146502 Career Group: Store Careers Job Category: Discount Operations Travel Requirements: Part Time or Full Time: Full Time Country: Canada (CA) Province: Ontario [...]
The Clerk Typist 4 is under the direction of the Diagnostic Services Business Manager and accountable to the Business Coordinator and Clinical Manager. As a member of a Multidisciplinary Health Care t [...]