Extendicare Canada Inc.
HOUSEKEEPING AIDES (CASUAL) - Extendicare Medex
Candidates are invited to apply for Casual Housekeeping Aide positions to work at our Extendicare Medex facility, a 193-bed long-term care home, located in Ottawa, Ontario.
Reporting to the Support Service Manager, the Housekeeping aide maintains high standards of cleanliness and sanitation throughout the client’s home by cleaning and sanitizing rooms and furnishings in assigned work areas following established policies and procedures.
- As a housekeeper; using specified cleaning/disinfecting/sanitizing agents, and following specific procedures, work patterns, and routines, performs tasks such as;
- Vacuuming, sweeping, dry/wet mopping, scrubbing,
sanitizing/disinfecting floors; spot cleaning walls, windows and doors, dusting, rearranging furniture, removing waste;
- daily cleaning and disinfecting of resident rooms; cleaning floors, fixtures and furnishings in rooms, kitchen, closets; may also include heavy cleaning duties such as deep cleaning.
- As a laundry aide; operating industrial washing machines and dryers to maintain a continual supply of quality linen for the home. Handling, folding, hanging, and checking quality of linen supplies. Washing, labeling & organizing personal clothing
- Ensure privacy of residents during performance of duties.
- Adhere to established company policies and procedures regarding quality assurance, health & safety, infection control, emergency preparedness and all other applicable policies and procedures
- Cooperates with other departments in such tasks as transferring residents, moving and storing supplies furniture and equipment.
- Must be available for call ins on short notice
· Clear vulnerable sector police check
· Ability to work in a team and independently
· Ability to walk, stand, bend, kneel, crouch, squat and lift (40lbs.) for long periods of time
· Ability and willingness to follow instruction
· Ability to read, write and understand English required
· Knowledge of housekeeping & laundry procedures and Best Practices principles an asset
· Knowledge of infection prevention and control practices an asset
· Long-term care experience an asset
CLOSING DATE: February 15th 2021
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence to the attention of:
Louann Sayeau, Support Service Manager
E-Mail: [email protected]
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Veuillez postuler sur Isarta ENTREPRISE : BioTalent Canada POSTE : Outreach Representative (Contract, remote) / LIEU : Ottawa WHO WE ARE BioTalent Canada is the HR partner for [...]
Stone Polishing Supervisor Vesta Marble has been deemed an essential service and are still actively hiring. We have COVID safety protocols in place and are proud to say that we did not lay off any o [...]
Join Canada’s Lifeline! We are currently recruiting for a Temporary Part-Time Shipper/Receiver to join our Logistics team in Ottawa. Be part of a dynamic, innovative, collaborative, diverse and [...]
Introduction At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to [...]