Extendicare Canada Inc.
MAINTENANCE WORKER (Part Time Permanent) - Extendicare Medex
Applications are invited to apply for the part time (30hrs biweekly) position of Maintenance Worker at our 193 bed facility located in Ottawa, ON. Reporting to the Administrator, the Maintenance Worker performs general, routine maintenance and servicing operations throughout the facility, reports unsafe conditions/situations in accordance with applicable codes and regulations and as directed.
1. Performs a variety of routine maintenance, servicing and repair operations to maintain facility, equipment, furnishings, fixtures, and grounds in proper condition.
Observes and monitors all areas of the facility for ongoing maintenance requirements and carries out repairs as required. Documents and implements the preventative maintenance programs. Maintains adequate inventory of tools and spare parts.
3. Performs mechanical maintenance and repairs to equipment such as replacing drive belts, lubricating motors and hinges, repairs to heating and ventilation systems, repairs to kitchen and laundry equipment, repairs to beds, chairs, tables etc.
4. Performs general maintenance and repairs to plumbing and electrical systems such as replacing water valves, clearing drains and removing stoppages, repairing or replacing fixtures, replacing switches, replacing fuses and light bulbs, repairing Emergency Nurse Call and Fire Alarm Systems
5. Performs general carpentry work and repairs such as installing floor and wall tiles, repairing drywall, replacing doors and door hardware, repairing roof leaks, painting, installing wallpaper and other redecorating tasks.
6. Following approval, refers problems requiring specialized work such as electrical or plumbing, to outside contractors and monitors work performed; provides general assistance to skilled trade persons such as mechanics, electricians, carpenters, plumbers, etc. as required.
7. Adheres to established policies and procedures regarding quality assurance, fire, safety, environment and infection control.
1. 3-5 years experience and/or knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems, plumbing, carpentry and heating and ventilation systems. Technical training in building maintenance is preferred.
2. Ability to read and interpret manuals related to equipment and systems.
3. Ability to work safely, following established safety practices and procedures.
4. Ability to read and write English and understand moderately complex oral and written instructions.
5. In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence no later February 15th 2021 to the attention of:
Support Services Manager
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description The position is for a part-time Guest Service Agent for the Days Inn Ottawa Downtown. - Demonstrate a high level of customer service at all times - Ensure an efficient reception [...]
Duties - Welcome customers with undivided attention and make them feel safe. - Screen customers and manage long line ups outside the centre to ensure social distancing and other COVID prevention [...]
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world? Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology [...]
Chocolate Sales Connoisseur, Place d'Orleans 110 Place d'Orléans Dr, Orléans, ON K1E 2L9, Canada Req #954 Monday, March 1, 2021 Are you ready for a taste of the one of Canada's Top Employers? [...]